Want to share my wet pox remedy to everyone

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Pollitollito, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Pollitollito

Pollitollito Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    PUERTO RICO
    I was desperate as my 3 week old turkey and a cochin had what I was thinking, pox [​IMG] well, I post an tread here, I was desperate, I took them to the vet and he did a sample of the skin, and told me that to wait 7 days [​IMG] to the results, I was desperate [​IMG] but the days went bu and passed by, the chicken was doing great, but the turkey was omg almost blind, well the chicken has dry pox and after a week it was gone, but the turkey had wet pox, OMG this was horrible, I even look at him and it was groust, all his face was covered on those bumps sweling and he has blind, everyone told me to cull him but no:confused: no way , this was my first turkey a red auburn one and I could not cull him [​IMG] The vet called to told me what I knoe , almost 2 weeks after I went to his office, the chicken was already back to her coop [​IMG] I was so dissapointed, he charged me $260 for what we already knew, I thought he was going to gave me meds and advise but nothing [​IMG] but anyway, week after week and he was getting better and now tadadada [​IMG] he is a 100% great after 2 months for me in a everyday suffer, claning his small cage every day, feeding him as he was blind almost every hour and looking at him every hour and twice a day adding hid meds. [​IMG] well my remedy to share with all of you

1. give orar antibiotics one day and the other change it to electrolite vitamin water, then back to antibiotics every day for the first 1 1/2 weeks, then just vitamin
    2. on the feed add one cod oil pill oil daily
    3. twice a day clean the area and add iodine and then arnica, arnica is a pomade that you can locate at latinos farmacies, its a natural remedie, maybe the walgreens farmacie sell them as where I live walgreens sells it, or in a botanica or if cannot locate it put on contact with me at my email and I will try to send it to you , [email protected]
    4. when this are completely dry try to take them out but be nice and casrefull, they have to be really dry for about more than 2 weeks dry looking
    5. mantain him in a real small cage that he cannot even move, this is for him to locate water and food ride away in front of him, try to put him on a perch so he cannot be in contact with his poop, and clean the cage everyday
    6. give him plenty of veggies to support his inmune system and some yogurd and cottage chesse, ah they love spinach

hope this works for you as on myne, definetly a lot of work but at the end theres no need of culling.

ah the most important, put the cage onder a mosquito net, so the others doenst get the pox !!![​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Good job. [​IMG]

3. Pollitollito

Jun 6, 2010
    PUERTO RICO
    thanks, and I post it so everyone can have advise when a wet pox event is on its way !

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Great Job ! Glad You could Save him! You must have had a lot of dedication [​IMG]

5. Pollitollito

Jun 6, 2010
    PUERTO RICO
    Oh yes, I love this little guys as pets, so I do whaterver is necesary to give them a happy life !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by