1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Want to start a co-op, California Bay Area people look

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by mustangsaguaro, Jun 24, 2008.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Songster

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    I've done a lot of reading regarding feeding and I'd really like to start feeding my chickens grains instead of a processed feed. I am looking to feed organic grains, etc. Currently feeding a Organic processed feed but don't like the fact that it has soy in it. Trying to find bulk organic grains in the Bay Area is next to impossible for bulk grains. Anyways, there is a company called Azure Standard (I believe they are in Oregon) and they will deliver in bulk. However, a order of $400 or more has to be placed in order to get free shipping. I thought maybe there might be some Bay Area people that might want to start feeding their chickens more healthy, rather than feed the processed feed. If we could get something together either be it on a monthly or every other month basis that would be great. If your interested in this please either email me or post here and lets see if we can get something going.

Thanks
    Kim

2. Lea71

Lea71 Songster

Hi there....I do the organic thing also. I just wanted to share some info with you. Have you looked into the Modesto Milling company? It's only about 1 1/2 hrs. from the bay area. They offer organic flax, wheat and corn. They also have organic feeds, kelp meal and oyster shell. Google them...they've got a website. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: