Want to start breeding

kerrysmommy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 15, 2010
My house :]
i was wondering what incubators you use and have used that you love! and price ranges what would you say about the Brinsea Mini Advanced Incubator and the Brinsea Mini Advanced ex incubator and the eco one? i want an automatic turner
thanks
kerrysmommy

Last edited:
well im thinking like 5-8 im not sure yet i just dont want to have large amounts and would be selling some in the spring too so that bumps me up to about 15ish?????

thanks
smile.png

I started with the Brinsea mini eco but as you can probably tell from being on here it is very addictive, i know have 2 brinsea actagon 20. I think if you are not going to be hatching many the mini is ok but if you want to hatch more i would deffinately go with something bigger.

i also dont want to pay a lot of money so i willl hopefully save up 2 $500 just for incubators like $100 i am aming for than the rest for eggs.............not all of it tho lol tht would be cray!

For less money you can get a Geneisis Hovabator. I have 2 and love it you can hatch up to 40 with a turner in it, without not sure. But you will want to hatch more the 5-8 eggs once the bug has bitten.

I got my HovaBator forced air with auto turner for less than $100 on eBay, shipping included. Deals are out there if you keep looking around. GQF (who makes the HovaBator) makes good incubators. Also, check CraigsList and Freecycle for your area; sometimes people give the big cabinet incubators away (Dickey, Sportsman, etc.) Hope you get a good incubator in your price range!

I LOVE my Brinsea Mini-Advance! I also have 2 Brinsea Octagon 20s and like them as well, but if you are only going to incubate small amounts of eggs (the Mini holds up to 7), it would be perfect for you. Everything is completely automatic; all you do is add water every few days. When I started hatching, I began with a Genesis 1588 (with turner); I also had good results with it. The Brinsea incubators are easier for me to clean, and seem to keep more stable temps for me. Be careful though, hatching chicken eggs is EXTREMELY addictive!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom