Want to start hatch my own eggs

dajeti4

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
My parents raised chickens when I was living at home. I have a couple chickens now. I would like to know a little more about hatching eggs. How long tell I have to put them in the bator. I would like to know from start to finsh.

It is best to use eggs no more than 10 days old. After that, the "hatchability" goes down.

Chicken eggs take 21 days to hatch, from beginning of INCUBATION at 97 to 100 degrees Farenheit. So, if you gathered eggs daily for six days, and then put them into an incubator, your 21 days starts the day you put them into a heated and stable incubator. They need to be turned at least 3 times a day until day 18, after which you LEAVE THEM ALONE until they begin to hatch.

Humidity varies, but the general rule is 40-50% humidity for the first 18 days, then bump it up to 65% or more.

You shouldn't try to hatch pullet eggs, the first eggs laid by young hens. Wait a couple, three months at least, until the eggs are larger (because they start out pretty small). And, of course, you need a rooster to fertilize the eggs!

Hope this helps!

Whats I gather the egg where do I put it. Do I just keep them at room temp.

Store your eggs pointy end down in an egg box at room temperature.Some people will then rotate the eggs twice or three times a day before placing them in the incubator....I never do and have good hatch rates.

Sandie

thinks for all you'lls help but ican use alll the help i can get. the more post the more i can learn

Back
Top Bottom