Want to trade breeds in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by crittergal, Apr 23, 2009.

1. crittergal

crittergal Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2008
    Ohio
    Hello,

I would like to get some different breeds of chickens, either for different egg colors or colorful chickens. . . I really like Wyandottes, Lakenvelders, & Sebrights, or a Maran or Leghorn for the egg color. I have EEs, RIR, BSL, RSL, BO, & BR. I don't really have room for more chickens; I have 24. But I would love to consider a trade - I would part with one of the Easter Eggers, Rhode Island Red, Buff Orpington, or maybe Barred Rock if anyone is interested. I would also sell any of the above listed. I am not very picky about the breed, I just like the colorful ones. [​IMG] I don't ship, so preferably someone in Ohio unless you want to come pick them up. My email address is [email protected].

Thanks!
    Leah

2. crittergal

Apr 13, 2008
    Ohio
    No one has any chickens they would part with? It seems they are all in every state but Ohio. . . .

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Oh I would LOVE to give you my Golden Sebright roosters but someone else already wants them [​IMG] I do, however, have some SebrightxSilkie mixes and some are feathering in with a little gold. I'm not sure if I will have any left over though. Sorry [​IMG] Maybe if you posted about.. a month ago you might have them [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  4. imriu1969

imriu1969 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    SE Ohio
    Where in Ohio are you? I live in SE Ohio in Athens. Are you just wanting hens, or are roosters OK too. I have three EE roosters I am trying to find new homes for.

5. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    Ohio isn't as bad as upstate NY near Buffalo for trading! [​IMG] It semms like I'm the only one here-I'm sooo lonely!! [​IMG]

6. crittergal

Apr 13, 2008
    Ohio
    Hi,

I am near Urbana Ohio, about 30 mins west of Columbus. Sort of in between Springfield and Marysville. I would like hens or pullets, don't really want any roosters (unless I find one I really like and am allowed to keep [​IMG]).

Leah

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there. [​IMG] I am in Millersburg (about an hour and a half north of Columbus.)
    I have all of the breeds you already have, or I would swap with you. [​IMG] I go to lots of the swaps. You could come to a swap and find any of those breeds you are looking for. [​IMG] I will have some chicks there. Here is a link that you can see the dates on.
    http://hillviewexotics.net/events.html
    [​IMG]

8. StoneBridge Farm

StoneBridge Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    SE Ohio
    I would trade with you, except...I am building up my flock again and all of mine are still chickies. Maybe in the future. [​IMG]

9. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    ohio is hard to get chickens in! lol.. im from Wilmington Ohio area! But, I couldnt part with my kids!

10. blondechick

blondechick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Southeastern Ohio
    I'm just getting started. Maybe next year I'll have something to trade. I got 28 pullets coming from meyers in 2 weeks rainbow pack and an australorp roo.[​IMG]:ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by