Wanted: 1-2 call ducks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Maidservant, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    I just adopted a little female buff call duck and I would like to get her a friend or a few that are nearer to her size than my two mallards. My mallards live with my chickens, and I'm afraid that the chickens (standards) will hurt the little call duck. I would prefer buff colored, but I will accept any that need a home. I can raise ducklings, but I doubt anyone would have any this time of year. If you plan on having call ducklings in the spring, please keep me in mind!

Thanks,
    Emily

I'm in North Carolina, and I can't travel far. I'll be calling the waterfowl rescue later on this week and putting my name on their mailing list.

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I have a few drakes 4 sale but have never shipped live birds before. We are in North central Missouri. Do you have any idea how much. They are called apricot males. dk grey head and look like a grey call duck body. We paid 15 bucks each for them and I would like to sell 2 at least.

I would have to call the PO to see about shipping live animals, I have a box that they could go in but not sure on how to go about that. What is your zip code?

Would you be interested in selling HER (ok [​IMG] smak me!) just asking.

3. Fudgie

4. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    I won't ship. I didn't even ship the baby chicks that I bought to start my flock. I drove three hours each way to get them. I don't believe in shipping animals if it can be helped (bugs don't count, lol) and especially not during the winter time.

Thanks for the offer though, and no I won't be selling her. I promised her previous owner that she would have a forever home with me, and I meant it.

I will check into the other thread.

Thanks,
    Emily in NC

5. Fudgie

Thanks for thinking of me though. I agree about not shipping in winter time, too cold for the little babies!!! Good luck, try www.craigslist.org in your area too. Put a wanted ad on there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by