WANTED 1 barred rock hen in Boston Massachusetts area WILL PAY TOP $$$

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MeechHen, Jan 4, 2011.

1. MeechHen

MeechHen Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2010
    New England
    I want a barred rock hen to join my very small 3 hen flock. I had one (Trixy was her name) and she was killed and eaten by a hawk. She was my favorite and I was devastated! We have since built a very large & secure predator proof enclosure for them. These are my pets and will live long and happy lives in my backyard.

ItÂ’s so hard to find chickens for sale in my area and since I only want 1 I can't order any through the mail. I'm having such a hard time! If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm willing to pay top dollar!! :)

Thank you [​IMG]

2. vnsseed

vnsseed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    New Hampshire
    You might want to try and go here on Sunday (1/9).

http://www.nasbirdclub.org

They have a tailgate sale from 8-11am before their meeting. You have to be a member to sell, but anyone can buy. This would be your best bet to find an individual hen.

3. MeechHen

Dec 29, 2010
    New England
    Oh thank you!! Is that at Westford Sportsman's Club - 80 West St. Westford MA? So I can just show up there between 8-11 and buy a chicken? That seems pretty good....its only about 40 minutes from me :)

Thank you!! I will give it a shot this weekend

[​IMG]

4. vnsseed

Feb 12, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Your welcome! Hope to see you there...

5. MeechHen

Dec 29, 2010
    New England
    I met Tom Doherty on Sunday. He didn't have any barred rock hens with him but gave me his card. He was going into the meeting but I'm going to give him a call this week to set up a time to go to his place to get one. Thanks so much!! I live in Woburn so it took me about 45 minutes to get out there....not too bad.

6. vnsseed

Feb 12, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Glad it worked out for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by