Wanted 12 Barred Rock Eggs ** pick-up ** OHIO

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dash1900, Feb 2, 2008.

1. dash1900

dash1900 New Egg

Feb 2, 2008
    Would like to purchase fertile barred rock eggs. I would like to find someone located in Ohio so that I could pick up the eggs. I live near Urbana, Ohio. Thanks. Dave
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  2. NewGuineaChooks

NewGuineaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    We have a mixed coop of Barred Rocks & Orpingtons. Just hatchery strain, nothing fancy. We can't tell the eggs apart, so you'd end up with 2/3 pure BR and 1/3 BR&Orp mix. The rooster is a Barred Rock, and I've found fertility 'bullseye' in all the eggs I've checked.

BRs, last fall, before they started laying:

One of the buff Orpingtons:

We're a ways away from you, though.... Sunbury, OH
  3. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Quote:[​IMG] howdy neighbor! we're in cable. i have some barred rocks but my roo is NH red. so i am of no help but thought it was funny there was someone else from our area. where are you located?

i bought my BRs up at Meyer, it was about an hour and a half.

i'd be willing to sell some eggs, but i don't know who's come from who, nor how to tell if they're fertile but since i have a roo and 26 hens, i assume they're most all bred.
  4. dash1900

dash1900 New Egg

Feb 2, 2008
    Thanks for the posts!

We are actually outside Mechanicsburg on 161. To my Cable friend, you probably know the Wrights over there. The Rock/Hampshire mix is a little off what we are looking for, although I'm not an expert. Thanks though.

The Sunbury chickens with the pure BR with a few Orph/BR eggs mixed in would be OK.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by