1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted 2 Eggs for my 6.5 month old pullet

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Iluvmychickens, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Hi everyone

My oldest hen just hatched 2 babies and low and behold my 6.5 month hold has now gone broody. She is sitting on 2 golf balls and when I yake them away she goes BALISTIC. I have 3 silkie Roo's but they are too young to mate. I would love to buy at least 2 eggs for Butterscotch to set on and hatch. She is a mixed bantam Cochin

Thank You
    DeeDee

2. Juliechickens

Juliechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Hey Dee, my buff bantam cochin went broody for 15 days and then up and got off her nest. The same day my standard white cochin hen took over the job and has been on the eggs. If you like, I can send you some of my buff bantam cochin eggs. She is still laying and it's obvious which eggs are hers. I would send them to you for free if you want some. BUT she has either bred to a silkie roo or a frizzle bantam cochin roo. Not sure which. Either way, cute chicks. Let me know if you'd like some. Thanks, Julie [​IMG]

3. Iluvmychickens

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Wow Julie that would be wonderful. How long has she been on the eggs or are these new eggs? But I insist on paying you for them. I only want 2 eggs so just name your price I acn send money paypal if you have an account. Just let me know and I will send you my address etc....

DeeDee

4. Juliechickens

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Hey Dee Dee, she sat on her eggs for about 2 weeks then, I'm not sure what happened in the barn. All my birds get along real well. Sometimes while she was sitting another standard cochin friend of even my buff orp would come and sit next to her as if to help her along. Then all of a sudden in the middle of the process she got up and said "Enough already,,you girls can have at it" it seems. She hasn't been back to her next but a standard cochin has now taken the responsibility and has not got up in 3 days. We must be getting close. I don't want to remove the eggs this far along under the cochin but tomorrow as I collect eggs in the other boxes I will look for "Lucy's" eggs. They are very small like her and easy to spot. I can tell you for FACT I have watched my silky roo and also my frizzle bantam cochin roo breed to her at different times. She allows it so I guess it should be fertile eggs. Let me ask you this.....would you also be interested in any standard eggs? I've got tons of those. I can also give you some lakenvelder eggs if you like. They are small birds again, bred to my silkie or bantam frizzle. All birds very matey,,,let's say. The lakenvelder eggs are easy because they are white. If it doesn't matter to you the breed I have my standard cochins, buff orpingon, wyandotte, and RIR who are all the hens along with Lucy my bantam cochin. If you would rather me collect the small eggs only it will either be my white silkie hen's eggs or LUcy's eggs. I hope this makes since. And girl you do NOT pay me sister. I would be glad to donate to your cause of your sweet hen sitting on her fertile golf balls! That's just so wrong. I told my DH about it and he died laughing. That's pretty cute. I will pack them perfectly safe. Let me know and if you would rather send me your address through a PM message, that's fine, I will check for it. Just let me know which hens you would prefer to have. Like I said,,,every one has been mating over here for some reason. It's a love fest in the evenings over here. Julie [​IMG]

5. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Julie,just wanted to say Hi. I'm a neighbor just East of you near Jackson. Couldn't remember if I had told you that before.

6. Iluvmychickens

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Julie I sent you a PM. I wanted you to see my chickens and where they live so you will see what type of place the eggs would be going to

This is Puff N Stuff
    [​IMG]

This is Fuglie

[​IMG]

This is Curly
    [​IMG]

This is my 2 yr old Hen Miss Carrie
    [​IMG]

My coop
    [​IMG]

Inside coop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 play areas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Butterscotch (you can see where she got her name from) She was trying to get on the nest with her mother
    [​IMG]
    These are the 2 babies hatched 01/01/08 I named them Brownie & Goldie for now
    [​IMG]

And this is Henry my husbands Roo who lives in the house . He was a rescue from a bad situation and I had to bring him home
    [​IMG]

7. Juliechickens

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Dee Dee, I had left this page up before I went to bed last night so I would remember to check it. My DH is off today and said "Hey, come look at these pics". He was laughing a the close up of the blue silkie. Then he told me to tell you to tell your DH a message from him: "I feel for you, looks like you've had to do the same chicken building as I had to do for my wife". My DH also sealed the bottom of our barn too just like yours did. We also used 2 dog runs as play areas but we are fixing to add a big huge area for protection of hawks during day. We are fencing about a 30x30 foot area with covered netting. My chickens have always free ranged but lately I've lost several of my birds due to an ugly ole hawk whom I hate! He took two of my white precious sweet silkies who were so important to me. He also took a big dark brahma hen. I don't know why he picked her, she blends in with the leaves on the ground more than the other birds but anyways, he did.
    Hey I LOVE that cool chicken cage you have in your house for your rescue chick. That is awsome! Did your DH build that???? I need one of those! Very cool!
    Also, love the name puff n stuff. My daughter's favorite stuffed animal when she was little is "stuff n fluff", she named it. [​IMG]
    Anyways, your birds look so precious! I will post pics of mine finally today and their barn set up. I've been meaning to do that forever! Now I will check the PM message [​IMG] Thanks for posting those cool pics! Julie

Oh, and HI to Ginasmarans!!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by