1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WANTED - 2 female Khaki Campbells

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wifezilla, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Need 2 khakis (or Indian Runners) for eggs. Would be spoiled pets as well as layers. Building a home for them right now and getting a kit pond from a neighbor (I know they don't really need it, but neighbor isn't using it anyway. May as well let the ducks play in it [​IMG] ). Most of my experience with birds has been tropical, but I am learning as much as I can. I didn't want to start with chicks since this is the first time in over 30 years I would be handling poultry.

I am in Colorado.

2. m_herrington

m_herrington Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    ohio
    Can't help you on the ducks, but If you can't find any adults, ducklings are pretty easy to raise. I have one that will be 2 weeks tomorrow [​IMG]. S/He is in the house and I may even take the heat lamp off of him this week.

Good Luck!

3. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Good to know they aren't that hard to raise. I may have to just wait till spring and get a load of ducklings. Maybe the local 4H will take the extras.

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    You will love them! I have a male/female pair and they love swimming in my 100 gallon water garden. I also have a pair of blue swedish and all 4 will get in together. I don't think you'll regret adding the pond.[​IMG]

5. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Your ducks are so cute...and they really look like they are loving the pond.

6. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Well I can't help you with ducks either, but just had to chime in and tell you how much I love my ducks. I love to watch them, they are so comical and I don't regret the water pond we have at all. I have six ducks and they will try to crowd in there together, it is great.

7. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Thanks! They really do love it. You can tell because they won't sit still for a decent picture!!

8. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Ok....getting a little closer on my search. I called my local 4-H at the county extension office and they gave me the name and number of the poultry superintendent. Got an answering machine, but it's a step in the right direction!

9. Hi Wifezilla
    Have you had any luck finding your ducks? I live in Colorado too, and I just sent you a pm with a contact.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by