WANTED - 2 female Khaki Campbells

Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
Need 2 khakis (or Indian Runners) for eggs. Would be spoiled pets as well as layers. Building a home for them right now and getting a kit pond from a neighbor (I know they don't really need it, but neighbor isn't using it anyway. May as well let the ducks play in it
). Most of my experience with birds has been tropical, but I am learning as much as I can. I didn't want to start with chicks since this is the first time in over 30 years I would be handling poultry.

I am in Colorado.

m_herrington

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2008
ohio
Can't help you on the ducks, but If you can't find any adults, ducklings are pretty easy to raise. I have one that will be 2 weeks tomorrow
. S/He is in the house and I may even take the heat lamp off of him this week.

Good Luck!

Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
Good to know they aren't that hard to raise. I may have to just wait till spring and get a load of ducklings. Maybe the local 4H will take the extras.

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
You will love them! I have a male/female pair and they love swimming in my 100 gallon water garden. I also have a pair of blue swedish and all 4 will get in together. I don't think you'll regret adding the pond.

Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
Your ducks are so cute...and they really look like they are loving the pond.

momma's chickens

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Idaho
Well I can't help you with ducks either, but just had to chime in and tell you how much I love my ducks. I love to watch them, they are so comical and I don't regret the water pond we have at all. I have six ducks and they will try to crowd in there together, it is great.

Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
Ok....getting a little closer on my search. I called my local 4-H at the county extension office and they gave me the name and number of the poultry superintendent. Got an answering machine, but it's a step in the right direction!

Top Bottom