Wanted: 2 White or Splash Silkie chicks in Colorado

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by silverlining, May 4, 2009.

1. silverlining

silverlining Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Highlands Ranch
    Requirements:

-White or Splash Silkie chicks.
    -Can be pet quality as long as the defects do not affect their health or make them look completely "un-silkie" like.
    -Pleaseee don't sell us a roo if you think it is one. We live in an area with a strict no-roo policy (aka Suburbia!)-Between 2 and 6 weeks old.
    -Semi-friendly. I am willing to work some to get them tame.

Our info:

We are a family living in Suburbia who just started chickens. Our neighbors are all fully supportive as long as we stick to hens! We have 2 black Silkies already that are about 1 week ago from the feed store. We wanted whites as well, but they were all sold out!

We also have 3 Brahmas (age 3 weeks) and 3 EEs (age 2 weeks). (They are currently being brooded separately from the black Silkies by a wire mesh. However, we WILL be integrating the birds. I understand some people do not like this, and it is why I wanted to mention it to a potential seller. The birds will all be kept in a roomy coop and run in our back yard, and let out in the garden and yard often under supervision after they are all old enough to move outside. (Our brooder is indoors).

*edited to say:

Our two lil black Silkies are now integrated with our "big chicks." No problems so far. Everyone acted like they had never even been separate.

The Brahmas and EEs are not pecky at ALL. We bought the Brahmas and EEs separately, and integrated them (they are a week apart in age) without a single bird getting picked on. They have never bloodied eachother or even so much as pulled out a feather). Any birds of ours who end up being roosters will be re-homed as pets. I LOVE them! They are toal pets who RUN to my side of the brooder to perch on my arms whenever I go in, and love getting mash as treats. I'm a total chicken addict already [​IMG]

We live in Littleton Colorado (80130). We would be willing to drive a little bit to get them. Please post if you have some, or know anyone who does!

P.S. Yes I know we will need to pay for them! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. silverlining

Apr 11, 2009
    Highlands Ranch
    aw come on guys...someone has to have a fewww too many Silkies that are turning out to be pet quality!

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    You should PM a mod and ask them to move this to the right section, you will get many more responses that way !!!

4. silverlining

Apr 11, 2009
    Highlands Ranch
    How do I PM someone, and what section should this be in? Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by