Wanted: 4 young Barred Rock or other brown egg layers (Dallas, Ga)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Granolamom, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Hello! We are relatively new to the world of "chicken people", but having a great time so far. We are looking for 4 young-ish hens, preferably Barred Rocks or Buffs, to replace 2 of our Barred Rock roosters (both of which are free to a good home). If you have some hens for sale and are within 25 miles of Dallas, Ga, let us know. Thanks!

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    PM "Bargain" on this board. I think she has Barred Rock Pullets.

3. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    There are a ton of listings for barred rocks on craigslist ATL, but I would try a BYC'er first.
    Good luck!

4. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Thanks for the reply, I've been checking CL on a daily basis, but have not found what we're looking for yet. I want them to be fairly young and used to people and kids (they'll be our pets, and my kids are still little). Since you have a small zoo at home, you wouldn't want a georgious, grain- and veggie fed, 4 month old barred rock rooster, now would ya...[​IMG] ?

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, I'm Nancy from Bowdon GA, I believe we spoke briefly on the phone.

I do have a straight run of younger barred rocks available...They are about 8 weeks old, if I recall correctly.

I also have some beautiful wynadottes that are very friendly as well as several other breeds. I believe I make have spoken with you the other day. I realize I'm a bit futher than 25 miles, but my chickens are very clean and healthy.

Well, if you decide to come on out, please just call us at 4044092352. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by