Wanted! A Cochin!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jeremy, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Hi, [​IMG] I'm very interested in adding a Cochin to my flock, hopefully one that has a tendency towards broodiness.

Age does not matter at this point. I've got so many chickens at my house that range from still in the incubator to 2+ years that I'm sure I could find someplace to integrate her.

Color I am not picky about, the only exception being white. I have far too many white birds. (Delawares, EEs, more Delawares, L0L!) A BLUE would be fantastic though...

I'd prefer a single bird, but if I have to take a pair then so be it. [​IMG]

If you're not located in the general Northern CA area, then obviously I'll need you to be able to ship.

AND it has to be a GIRL! [​IMG]

TY!

ETA: I'd prefer a standard sized bird also.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
  2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have quite a few but at this time it is much too hot to ship any. It is in the mid 90's here and I would not trust the PO to deliver without some problems.

3. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Darn the hot weather the rest of the nation is having... I woke up this morning to about 55 degrees. Yesterday the high might have been 70, 75- with a cool breeze. [​IMG]

So would you have to wait through the summer and ship in the fall? What colors do you have?

Any pictures?

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have mostly black with some brown or silver on the neck. I have a birchen hen and the rest are MFC project pullets. I can't swear they will be here by fall when it will be cooler to ship. Visit my website to see some of what I have. I think most are on the For Sale page.

5. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I'd love to have a Mille Fleur or a Blue. If you ever decide you might be able to ship before the fall, please let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by