WANTED: Americana/Arucana/EE's in Central Kentucky

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BluegrassSeramas, Jan 17, 2009.

1. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Please help! I have been looking forever! I have tried the breeders lists and no one is in KY. I want to stay within an hour or so from Lexington. Thanks!!

2. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Good luck...
    I have been looking for some also. I posted on the Ky traders page. A BYCer has bantams in Lexington but I can't find any LF.
    I have 9 EE hens and 1 beautiful roo from Mt Healthy. Perhaps this summer when my wyandotte pullets start laying their eggs I can wean out the EEs.
    Unfortunately right now my EEs are my egg selling money makers.
    Does this help?
    Colby in Stamping Ground (north of Georgetown, Scott Co.)

3. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know who has the bantams in Lexington? I'd like to get one to breed with my Serama and try for a blue egg line. If you decide to part with any of the EE's let me know. Or will you sell hatching eggs? What kind of roo do you have? I have an ameraucana roo, but nothing o breed him too. If I could get an EE, I could breed and hatch out my own flock.
    I live on Cane Run..pretty much at the end of Stamping Ground Rd...its so cool to meet people this close! [​IMG]

4. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    My roo is blue and red. He's absolutely gorgeous. All my eggs are fertile. I don't see why you couldn't hatch them out. I don't have an incubator or a broody hen. I only have 8 eggs in the fridge right now since I sold 2 dozen at work yesterday. Can you do a search for EEs in Lexington on the BYC google? I can't remember the name of the lady who posted me back about the bantams. She's a heavy poster and MIGHT be the one who has the silkies, too (if I'm remembering correctly).

MY birds are definately EEs. These are the first birds I ever bought and was heartbroken when they turned out to be partridge colored.

I'm getting into the wyandottes instead. I can't wait until my BLR chicks come in this spring from another BYC breeder. I've got 50 GLW pullets (okay, about 10 roos). Another BYCer is going to help me out with those extras.

I know exactly where you live. We live out past Long Lick (hwy 32) or past Stamping Ground and Minorsville (hwy 227). Actually, on the other side of Plummer Rd. on 227.

If you want eggs, I'll make sure you get all large ones. I have 3 hens that were bought locally and my Mt Healthy hens will be a year old in June. Some of the younger hens' eggs haven't reached full size, yet.

Nice to meet you and have you gone to any swaps at all? I'd like to check some out without driving forever.

Colby Roche
    254 Suterville Rd
    Stamping Ground, Ky
    [email protected]

5. pconwayfarms

pconwayfarms Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2008
    I have Ameraucana hens and point of lay pullets in Russellville, Ky. All lay blue-green eggs. I will be selling hatching eggs very soon. I can post pics as soon as I get a new USB cable for my camera.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by