wanted: amerucana

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by greeneggs444, Jul 11, 2011.

1. greeneggs444

greeneggs444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    If the tsc near you doesn't sell a somewhat popular breed, that may not be all tat popular, do you just ask them to endource them if your too lazy or have good reasons not to want to have them sent by mail? Especially if this store is like 3 blocks from your house????

Ps this so called breed is arucana/amerucana:lol:

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    sure. I would just ask, sometimes the feed store, tsc in this case will take note of what you want and can order them for you when they order theirs. but hatcheries that the tsc is likely to order from will probably not have real purebred ameraucanas, they will only be able to get you Easter Eggers, (mixed breed ameraucanas).

3. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    The "Ameraucana's" sold at the feed stores are really just Easter Eggers (EE's). More often than not, you see posts of people on here that are so disappointed because after waiting nearly 5 months the birds end up laying brown eggs lol.

If you want an EE that lay's blue or green eggs I would check Craigslist.

If you are just looking for a lovely lawn ornament and dont care about egg color, just ask TSC to do a special order [​IMG]

4. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    The easter eggers you get at the feed store should lay green eggs. We have purchased over 30 of them and none of them lay brown eggs. All green. If you want blue eggs you have to get a purebred Ameraucana, which you'd have to get from a reputable breeder.

5. greeneggs444

greeneggs444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I was just looking for them because Ive heard about and experienced their friendlyness. But the eggs are cool![​IMG]

6. riverman

riverman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2010
    Central Tx
    Quote:If your looking for a breed based on the friendly factor I'd highly recommend Orpingtons! Not that Ameraucanas & EE's arent friendly, I have both and mine are all extremely friendly but I have had cases of a couple pure bred Ameraucanas being spastic and crazy. Every Orpington I've ever raised has been extremely friendly and calm! If your in the Central TX area and would like to try some pure-bred Blue Ameraucanas I can help you out in a couple weeks when my girls start laying! Any body for that matter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by