Wanted: Any kind of goofy looking layer hen, Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sanderlina, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Sanderlina

Sanderlina Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    My chicken needs a friend. Not terribly picky on the breed, but would prefer something that makes me laugh and that lays eggs. Absolutely no boy chickens. A double plus if it looks like Phyllis Diller.

[​IMG]

2. Barry

Barry Chillin' With My Peeps

You want a silkie!
    Definitely goofy, not the best layers but they do lay eggs1

3. Danny81577

Danny81577 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Fredericksburg,VA
    You should get a showgirl/silkie I have a bunch of them and laugh every time I see them but they aren't the best layers

4. Wanda

Wanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I like the frizzled polish, they remind me of big bird. The regular polish do remind me of Phylis Diller though.

Wanda

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Too bad you can't take a roo. I have a couple of Pyllis Diller look-alike hens (white crested black Polish standards), and they are good egg layers, too. [​IMG] But I really need to find a home for the rooster, and was only letting a hen or two go to help find him a home! Good luck with your search! [​IMG] I hope your hen finds a buddy soon.

6. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

ThreadJack Alert:

I remember going with my family in 1964 on Mother's Day to see Phyllis Diller and the Osmond Brothers at the Chicago Opera House. After the show we hung out outside as my Mom was really crazy about Phyllis Diller and wanted her autograph. I hung near the stage door and all of a sudden this limo pulls up. This woman walks out and realizing it was probably her I got up the nerve to go say hello. Sure enough, in street clothes and without all the makeup this lovely was actually Phyllis Diller... She was very nice looking - she must have worked hours getting her hair all ratted up and overdoing the makeup - toss in the Moo-moo and the cigarette holder and there you had it.

Yeah, I got the autograph and she was very nice... (I was pretty cute at 19, LOL).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  7. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    You need one of these, I think.......
    [​IMG]

8. Sanderlina

Sanderlina Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    Crunchie, if you change your mind and decide you want to sell off a weird looking hen or two, please let me know. I definitely can't take a roo though, unfortunately, as much as I would like it, I think a few others on my farm would quite protest.

[​IMG]

We saw this one at the Pennsylvania Farm Show a few years ago and it's been making me laugh ever since. The white crested black polish standards are gorgeous.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by