WANTED: Araucana/Ameraucana/EE in Michigan

Anny

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Detroit Michigan
I would like to add some color to my egg basket. I'm looking for a blue/green egg laying chicken. At least 3 month old. I'm located in SE Michigan

Thank you!

Last edited:
Anny

There is no such thing as an Americana. If you are looking for Araucana or Ameraucana (note the spelling) try the club pages for breeder information. If you want Easter Eggers then you can order them from any large commercial hatchery.

Good Luck

As I stated above, I don't want day old chicks. All the hatcheries I've seen only sell day old chicks. If you know of any that sell 3 month old pullets I'd love to know of these places.

I'd also really like the birds to be friendly I'm afraid pullets from a hatchery might not be very used to people.

I'll corrected the spelling error.

Also if you could point me in the direction of any breeders that would be very helpful.

Edited to correct yet another spelling error, oops

Last edited:
How far are you wanting to travel? I purchased an Easter Egger from a user on here, but he is in Pendleton, Indiana. That is about 3 hours south of the Michigan/Indiana border if that gives you an idea of the distance for you. Of course I live about 10 miles from him so it was no problem for me.

well it looks like Pendleton is 4 1/2 hours from me. That's a bit of a hike...maybe if he met 1/2 way but that is still 2 hr 15 min.

I don't understand why no one near has them, is it because it's almost fall?

I have been checking, and posting want ads on Craigslist, Hoobly, and Bestfarmbuys. With no luck
sad.png

I would love to help you out! They are such cute chickens.
bun.gif
I will probably be going to Findlay, Ohio next weekend. If you want to meet there I could pick one up for you. I think he is selling them for $10.

That would probly be about a 3 hr or more drive for me. Would you be willing to meet 1/2 way? Do you have any pic of your hen? How old is she?

Back
Top Bottom