WANTED Araucana/Americana Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Thunderhill, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Thunderhill

Thunderhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    North Alabama
    Want these eggs to hatch for my daughter. She is excited about colored eggs. These will be treated as big pets and spoiled rotton. Please email or post if you have any available.
    Thanks!

2. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I could have given you some when you were here. I've since sold my adult birds so it'll be months before I have anymore eggs. Good luck!!!

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    If you JUST want colored eggs.... there are Easter Eggers and are usually cheaper and more readily available. Araucanas are a rare breed that are rumpless and tufted and can be difficult to hatch due to a lethal gene (tufted gene). Ameraucana eggs can be found on here as we have some wonderful breeders [​IMG] They are tailed and have a muff and beard.

Now Easter Eggers are NOT an actual breed, BUT many folks have had good luck getting a similar style... tailed, muffed and bearded with a consistent green or blue/green egg. But, because they carry many genes... they can lay anything froma white to a blue egg and come out with a variety of combs, colors, etc. If you're wanting a rainbow of colors both in eggs and chickens... I recommend the EEs [​IMG]

4. Heather08

Heather08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Florida
    I have them but not a bunch, if your close to me your welcome to them, green eggs but they are mixed with either banty/cochin/ or Gold comet roos.

Are you in NC? I could gather up all the green over the next week anyhow. I just hatched 2 of them under a broody bantam. If you want them just for fun and are close by give me a PM.

5. bmchickens

bmchickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2008
    w.v.
    we've got them,15 for$15 plus shipping.you can see pics of our flock in this same category, look for "F.S. Easter Egger eggs from w.v." please p.m. us if interested, we think these will produce some beautiful chicks, thanx,[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by