wanted: Arkansas 4-6 week chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bbRedMom, Dec 9, 2008.

1. bbRedMom

bbRedMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    My chicks companion died todayam and now he is all alone. I'd like to find him a buddy or two so he's not lonnely or cold. He is a black australorp standard size, but any breed will do. I'm in central arkansas. Thanks!

2. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:I can spare a Buff Orpington pullet or two (and a MESS of cockerels), if you'd like, and I'm in central AR (Jacksonville/Cabot area), too. They're older than your chick (these were hatched in early July), but are extremely gentle, and some of them have already started laying. Just email me at ninjapoodlesATgmailDOTcom if you're interested, and we'll set something up!

Belinda

3. jasonbeth

jasonbeth Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    Cabot, Arkansas
    I am sorry to hear that you lost one yesterday, I woke up this morning to let mine out and found that one had died during the night last night. Not really sure what happened. Anyway, I am in Cabot and just got my chickens but have a few questions. Could I email one of you to ask some questions in regards to keeping chickens in central Arkansas? Thanks

4. bbRedMom

Nov 30, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Sure, PM or email away!

5. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:I'm right in your backyard, jasonbeth! We should really arrange a meet & greet in central AR sometime! Welcome to BYC!

6. bbRedMom

Nov 30, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    There are a lot of Cabot/Vilonia/Jacksonville Area BYCers! It must be where the cool chicks are at...

I know, you can smack me later for the bad pun!

7. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    The new(ish) bulgogi/sushi joint in Cabot, "Kopan," is REALLY good...just tossing that out there in case anyone ever feels like getting together over sushi...or sake. Whatever floats your boat. [​IMG]

8. bbRedMom

Nov 30, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I love sushi! But I was afraid to try it, because, ya know, its Cabot. I now that sounds snotty, but there are a lot of sushi places in Little Rock I wont eat at.

But if you say its good, we should totally meet up. Hmmmmm, spicy salmon rolls.

Great, now I'm hungry!

9. jasonbeth

jasonbeth Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2008
    Cabot, Arkansas
    Have either of you had any silkies? If so were they hard to care for? My wife saw a picture of some and that is what she is really wanting now. We are wanting some that will not be afraid of human contact and then a couple that are good egg layers.

10. bbRedMom

Nov 30, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I haven't had silkies myself, but from what I hear they are eeeevil..

Best layers I've had is a buff orp, but the sweetest hen I've got is a dark cornish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by