1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted - Assorted bandettes for chickens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pawtraitart, Jun 5, 2007.

1. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Anybody have some extra bandette leg bands for sale which will fit 6 week old buff orpington pullets? I only need 8 bands so I can tell my girls apart. Any color. I don't want to pay for a whole bag. Some adult sized ones would be great, too. Anybody know of a source where you can get a small number of these bandettes? [​IMG]

2. Forest_Nymph

Forest_Nymph Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    I was looking for those too without too much success...

So, I resorted to buying Multi-purpose ties at Home Depot.
    They come in assorted colors and sizes as well as the common black color. They're working fine. Then, I just kept a logbook handy to identify them once I had them tagged.

I wouldn't use the color red...chickens like to peck at that color too much. Also saw some velcro type tie tags..haven't tried them yet.

good luck

3. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    I have ties, but I'm not sure how easy it is to get them off and replaced as the chicks grow. Any ideas on that? I don't want to hurt my babies.

4. Aurynsdream

Aurynsdream Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2007
    you would just have to cut them with scissors

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by