Wanted: Bantam faverolles of any age, color or type!

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by eyralis, Dec 7, 2016.

1. eyralis

eyralis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2014
    California
    Hi!

I've have been searching all over the country (yes, really!) for bantam Faverolles hatching eggs or chicks. these are just for pets, no need for them to be show quality, physical appearance defects are fine by us. If you know anyone who might have eggs or chicks available, please do let me know!

Many thanks
    Olivia

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Bumping this up because I am looking for some as well.

3. chickchill

chickchill New Egg

Apr 4, 2017
    Bumping SD I am looking for some too.

4. Eggsakly

Eggsakly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2015
    There are some bantam Salmon Faverolles hatching eggs available on ebay, or there were earlier. I check ebay frequently and I have seen the eggs for sale for a few weeks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Bantam-S...993215?hash=item4b14e361bf:g:--EAAOSwYXVYzdD3

Personally, I think they're a little pricey, but they are hard to come by. This breed used to way up on my list of must-have bantam breeds, but after having the Brahmas, as beautiful as the Faverolles are, I wonder how much I really like feathered feet.

5. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Same here, and actually I picked up some silver pencilled rocks this weekend that I love the look of (and don't have feathered feet, which is a perk in my book) so I'm happy!

6. Eggsakly

May 5, 2015
    I really like the look of the penciled and birchen birds, and the US has room for more kinds of bantams, I think. Congrats on the bantam rocks. How fun.

7. eyralis

Jun 2, 2014
    California
    Confirmation, bantam Faverolles ARE available on ebay! I just bought the 10+ eggs from a lovely lady named Jeanna, and will be hatching them in the weeks to come.

Though I adore all sorts of breeds, for me the Faverolles have them all beaten as far as sweetness and personality are concerned. I’ve never had chickens that were so sweet, so docile, so affectionate. They all jump into my lap for cuddles as soon as I show up. Yes really, cuddles, not even looking for treats! :)

8. eyralis

Jun 2, 2014
    California
  9. Eggsakly

May 5, 2015
    Congratulations. Let us know how the hatch goes.

10. eyralis

Jun 2, 2014
    California
    12 viable so far!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by