wanted: bantam hens in northern IL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by naturemom, Aug 8, 2007.

1. naturemom

naturemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    6 of the 7 chicks I got this spring turned out to be boys and had to go away! Now the 1 remaining one's tail feathers are looking curly. If this one turns out to be a boy my hen will be all alone! I need a friend or 3 for her, and they have to be banties because the nest box is too small for standard hens.
    Does anyone have any for sale?

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    A friend of mine might have some bantam hens or pullets for you.....depending on where you live. She live in Wateska, IL if you know where that is.

We have some Amercuana and EE bantam crosses along with some black Favorelle bantams crosses as well.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I also have some EE bantam chicks for sale...if you really want pullets, you may have to wait a little while when I can tell from their feathers to be sure. They are almost a month old..cute little buggers. I can only drive so far as to Wateska to visit friend or Bloomington, IL

Have no idea where exactly you are so that is the guess here.

PM me if you are interested in the EE bantam chicks...those were from Cackle Hatchery.

4. naturemom

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    I'm in St. Charles. Watseka is about 130 miles from me, which may be doable, especially if I can get a sitter and not have the kids in the car all day, or maybe send dh with our older dd. I'll talk to him about it when he wakes up. I do need them to be pullets, since I live in the suburbs-not to mention that I also live with my in-laws, who wouldn't want roosters even if they were legal. I can wait until they're older, I just want to make sure I have them before winter.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wouldnt St Charles be southern Illinois instead of northern Illinois???? Or am I thinking of St Charles MO....

If it is St Charles, IL (near Chicago area) we can meet at Forrest on rt 48 intersection across from the gas station when we go and visit Pasochicken on the way out. My hubby was raised in Fairbury/Livingston Co really well and we can do that when I do know which are boys and which are girls. It is understandable you want pullets, since I live in the city limits too [​IMG]. So that will cut some mileage out and we both will benefit what we are wanting. How many pullets do you want and what color? I have some blacks, wheatons, silver duckwings and mottled colors......I will see how many pullets we have and go from there because I dont need all of them, probably keep two of them myself.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  6. naturemom

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    It's St. Charles, IL, west of Chicago.
    I have room for 2-3 more. Any colors are fine. I'd love to have them be different colors. The chickens I have are a red pyle OEGB and a RIR/sebright mix (that's the one I think might be a boy), so any of the ones you have would look different from the ones I already have.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Not a problem! The more the merrier LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by