WANTED: BANTAM ORLOFFS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I realize this is a long shot--but anyone have some eggs, chicks or young adults for sale?? I have PayPal/Cash/Trades...

Thanks!

~Heather~

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Do those even exist in the US? I have a hard enough time trying to find good standard sized Orloffs (that were not decendants of hatchery stock).

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Someone on here said that they "may have some" but had to look? So I'm not sure. I've been on their list for almost a year for several different breeds, I've filled out forms on their website, trying to purchase adult birds and I've never gotten anywhere....

Do you have standards? I'm considering those, if I cannot find bantams...

4. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Try Fowlafoot. [​IMG] She has standards. I have one lowly hatchery pullet. [​IMG] I'm going to join the S.P.P.A. for their breeder's list. Hopefully there will be some orloff breeders on there. Since they're not an APA accepted breed, it's difficult to find breeders.

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Yeah, tell me about it! I think I'm already on her list for eggs this summer...I was going to break down & get hatchery birds since I can get them sexed...but now I'm leaning towards hatching them out. My problem is that where I live...no one will buy birds. They will take "FREE" layers (yeah right!) and "FREE" roosters for stewing...but no one will actually pay even $5 for Sumatras, Sultans, Cochins, etc as pets or breeders...they just want to eat them. Sighs. So as of right now I have about 15 roosters that will be getting the ax pretty soon because I simply do not have room for them all. I wonder what Sumatra tastes like? [​IMG]

6. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    equibling -

What kind of cochin roos do you have?

Katie

7. Rare Feathers Farm

I have one golden laced & one lemon blue for sale.

8. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    hmmmmm......

9. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

G'luck. Orloffs are gorgeous. Maybe I'll look into some sometime in the future, but as of now we have a very over-crowded coop. Can't handle any more birds!

10. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:I hear ya... Best thing to do is sell & ship hatching eggs. Sometimes you can sell day olds for a few bucks a piece. If you could ship birds, it'd be better but there's those pesky rules about NPIP certs and what not.

I reckon Sumatra tastes like chicken. [​IMG] It is supposedly like silkie meat, so it's dark colored. I've never eaten one, but spoke to someone who did. If you do end up eating them and they are older than 14 weeks, brine them long and cook them slow. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by