Wanted Bantam Salmon Faverolle Rooster or Cockeral in NY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DUccleDude, May 2, 2008.

1. DUccleDude

DUccleDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    Hi I am looking for a young salmon faverolle rooster or cockeral. Willing to pay reasonable shipping or would prefer to pickup in NY or northern PA.

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    You are not the only one who needs a bantam faverolle roo. I have hatched several batches, gotten one chick from each hatch and all are girls. I just am not having great luck with these guys. I have one adult hen and her eggs are mixed but when I did hatch them, they hatched great for me. So it must be the shipping. Hope you find a nice roo. I am still searching for one close to me. I think that Jaynie (jimnjay) and I are going to have to meet in the middle so I can get one of her roos.

Take care.

Marie

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i just hatched a bunch of babies if i got extra roos i'll let u know. i only need one more roo. as long as they r 6 oz or bigger i can ship them live from here but i don't have any boxes. i'll keep u posted soon as i know which r girls which r boys they just hatched on wed.
    silkie

4. DUccleDude

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    Hey Silike, that would be great! I see according to mapquest you are 3 1/2 hours from me. Maybe instead of shipping we could meet half way or something? I have 2 hens that are 4 weeks old and I would like to have a roo for them. Let me know![​IMG]

5. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    how close to salamanka r u? in case i spelled that wrong, i mean the indian reservation.

6. DUccleDude

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    It is a little over an hour away so not too far [​IMG] How much do you want for your chicks? Thanks

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  7. AnSfarms

AnSfarms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Nebraska
    I actually have a few year old Salmon Fav Bantam roo I need to sell off. The only problem is I am in Nebraska so would have to ship them out making a rooster pretty costly. I would think $45 would be about what shipping and a box would cost.

Not sure how to add pictures here, but I have a picture of one of them if you would want to see.

It seems the 4-H county near me does alot of trios so I get left with extra roos.

My bantam favs started with some of Rose Isgrigg's birds.

8. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    sending u a pm.
    silkie

9. DUccleDude

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    Silkie, I sent you a pm, I think we can work something out. [​IMG]

10. DUccleDude

Apr 13, 2008
    Cameron Mills, NY
    Quote:Thanks for the offer AnSfarms but I would prefer to find someone closer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by