1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

wanted :bantam salmon favorelle eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickygirl2, Jan 8, 2009.

1. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    If anyone has some, please email or pm me. thanks:)

2. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

bantyman has some gorgeous ones...I have a little boy from his stock. [​IMG]

he will have eggs in the spring...just contact him and he'll get you hooked up!

3. mthrclckr

mthrclckr Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    beeball2, I just sent you a PM. [​IMG]

-Naomi

4. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    I received bantam favorelle eggs from beeball2. She has very nice packaging, sent extras, and best of all a quick candling at 5 days show good fertility! Very nice !!! Patty : )

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Try Mothergoose's Bantam Favs, they are the best ones!

6. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    beeball2 you have very pretty birds. [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Bee, you got some beautiful Faverolles going on in there![​IMG]

8. mthrclckr

mthrclckr Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    Yes, I have two beautiful pullets that I hatched from Mothergoose's eggs last year. I had three, but lost one to my first (and hopefully last) raptor attack. I have another hen from Isgrigg line and my oldest Fav hen (from a completely different line) doesn't lay eggs at all, though I love her no less.

I've been trying hard to hatch out a cockerel. I have eggs that are due to hatch tomorrow, but I was down to two live ones when I stopped turning the eggs, and I'm not holding out much hope for them. They're not rocking at all. They should be pipped by now, but nada.

If beeball2's line is also Isgrigg, that's fine with me, but I'm thinking that having them separated by a generation or two will be enough to be "less inbreeding" than if I got more eggs from the very same source.

Mothergoose's Faverolles ARE awesome (as is she!) and I recommend her highly [​IMG] .

Thanks, Patty - GREAT to hear about the secure packing and fertility! I hope I can get eggs from Bee if this hatch is a bust. BEST luck with yours. If these will be your first Faverolles, you will LOVE them to pieces. I really love the facial fluff. Makes me smile and my heart melt every time they look at me [​IMG] .

-Naomi

9. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Naomi & Robin,
    Thank you for the compliments. Hope you both are doing well.
    Think Spring,
    Christie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by