Wanted - Barnevelders - N Central Indiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by keeperofthehearth, Jan 5, 2008.

1. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone have any Barnevelders? I would like to buy some eggs or chicks around March/April. I've been reading a bit about them but if anyone has some real experience with their personalities etc. I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thanks!!!! Barb

2. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I don't know about them, but I want to say HI! I see you have a sheltie. We have a collie mix. I'm in Goshen........tell me more.[​IMG] I went to your website--NICE!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  3. SisterFlash

SisterFlash Chillin' With My Peeps

I am also wanting them...nice quality looking birds.

Barb [​IMG]

4. keeperofthehearth

Hi SisterFlash!
    Are you around SilverCity area of NM? Nice area of New Mexico. Visited there some years back. I spent a number of years living in Albq. back in the 80's. Also spent quite a few years in CO. DH and I miss seeing "the bones of the earth" here in the midwest. <>< Barb

5. SisterFlash

Yes great guess. Just a little bit north in the Gila Forest in Lake Roberts. My husband and I love it here and what a nice comunity.

If you visited the cliff dwelling you probably passed right by my place on the way to get there. Most people do not even know this part of the world exists. [​IMG]

Like you I am also very intrested in getting some nice Barnevelders. Any luck in finding a source besides Ideal?

Barb [​IMG]

6. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Cornerstone Farms in Va. has Barnevelders in standard size.
    Sand Hill Preservation has them in bantams.

7. SisterFlash

Quote:Thanks. I do not want bantams but I have looked at sand hill.

I have emailed cornerstone...thanks for that info.

Barb [​IMG]

8. keeperofthehearth

Thanks for the info. KingsCalls

I'll have to check with Cornerstone Farms. Do you happen to have their link?
    <>< Barb

9. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
  10. keeperofthehearth

Thanks for the link to CornerStone Farms KingsCall.
    Their site was down when I first checked it. Was able to link today. Looks like this will be the way for me to go. [​IMG] Wheee whooo I am excited now!!! So will my DH be when I tell him. Barnevelders for the spring!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by