WANTED: Barred Rock, EE, Dominique, Jersey Giant pullets/hens!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HuestisFarm, Sep 29, 2008.

1. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Must be willing to ship, please.

I'm not looking for show quality. These girls will be strictly egg-layers.

Need not be available now. I'm merely looking to find someone that would offer these breeds. I'm not seeking many at this point (about 10 in total).

Thank you! [​IMG]

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I have five jersey giants I am willing to part with. There is someone local that may want one or two of them, or not. I was supposed to take photos today but took the wrong (broken) camera when I went to go do chores today... I will try again tomorrow.

3. Eggzactly

Eggzactly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    Will you ship them?

4. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    How close are you to Vermont? I have 6 Giants and two Giant cross hens available now. Nice big layers.

5. HuestisFarm

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    If you have any pics, ladies I would love to see them. And as I said before... I'm kinda just looking right now, but if I like what I see I'll try & convince the hubby. *haha*

What are your prices? And I'm only looking to have these guys shipped, please. So, please let me know your shipping costs as well. I'm located in Hartwick, NY.

BirchRunFarm: I'm about 5 & 1/2 hrs. from VT - depending on where you're located. What your mixes crossed with - do you know?

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You may change your mind on having them shipped when you find out how much that will cost!!

7. HuestisFarm

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    *hehe* Oh, probably...

8. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Yeah, it is prohibitively expensive to ship adult birds. You are probably looking at about 60 bucks for shipping on maybe 3 birds, depending on how big they are (if you can put them all in the same box). The shipping boxes alone run about 20 dollars.

9. HuestisFarm

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Yikes -- that's a little more than I thought it would be. I'll never convince my hubby @ that price!!

Guess we'll just stick to bringing home some chicks. *hehe*

Sorry, everyone.

10. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Don't give up! In a day trip with two tanks of gas and $100 you'd have a wonderful flock from me (I'll make you lunch to sweeten this deal [​IMG]). My Giants crosses had a Giant mother and daddy was 1/2 Giant and 1/2 Orpington. They are BIG girls, as big as their Giant sisters. I have an unrelated cockerel to go with the group (7 or 8 birds)! You'll spend that raising chicks to 6 months of age if not more and have to wait for eggs. Some of these girls are experienced mothers and will raise babies for you. I can tell you a good biddy is more fun than a box of chicks!

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

The old red hen sitting down in the center isn't included. The other red one is one of the crosses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by