1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Wanted BBS Orps in central Alabama

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by catfish40, Jul 17, 2010.

1. catfish40

catfish40 Hatching

Jul 16, 2010
    I'm looking for a few preferably blue and/or splash Orpingtons for our first chickens. I've built a nice run and coop and our 2 kids really like that color variation. 4 pullets and a cockerel or 2 would probably be a good start, but would set up a brooder for young chicks, if necessary. Wyandottes seem to have very similar and interesting color schemes as well and apparently comparable characteristics for first timers--may have to go that route.

Thank you

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I have a good friend Karen,Lockedhearts who has young BBS orps for sale. I have some as well, but I know that she has really overhatched hers and needs to sell as she's unemployed and needs to downsize before she returns to school. I don't find the link to her prior auction, but if you pm me, I'll be glad to find it and shoot it to you. Thanks and have a blessed day.

3. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks Nancy! I do have several younger birds for sale. I have a Nice Young Black Cockerel and could find some Blue Pullets and possibly a Splash too!
    Send me a PM or Email me and I can get some pictures for you.

4. catfish40

catfish40 Hatching

Jul 16, 2010
    Quote:Thank you

email sent

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    You'll be pleased with Karen's stock! Blessings to both of you! Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by