WANTED: BC MARANS hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shangri-lafarms, Jul 28, 2008.

1. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Does anyone have any BC Marans hatching eggs for sale?????? I am looking to buy some ASAP

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    So am I - they are in high demand right now [​IMG]

3. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    yeah I saw them go for over 100 dollars for a dozen on ebay:mad:

4. kinnip

kinnip Songster

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Do a search either for Black Copper Marans or for the Black Copper King (author search). Mr. Jesse is super nice and his birds are out of this world! They are the real deal. He's in Franklin, GA, but has recently begun shipping across the U.S. He does prefer to sell day olds, but he'll sell you some eggs if you want. I bought 5 day olds from him about 5 weeks ago, and I'm tickled pink. Their leg feathering is extraordinary and they're so healthy I can't keep up with them. None of my other birds matured as fast. Make sure you have lots of meal worms on hand, it seems to be the only treat they're interested in.

5. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Quote:Thansk for the information, I will check is this on e-bay right????

6. DENALI

DENALI Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Quote:What do you mean by "they are the real deal"?

7. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Quote:Thansk for the information, I will check is this on e-bay right????

Well I think you meant on BYC, so I did search Black Copper King and I sent him a post asking about fertile eggs....No replies as of yet, thanx for the info

8. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Quote:What do you mean by "they are the real deal"?

I know some people do not breed for egg color....They try and pass off non-quality eggs for BC Marans, or at least that is what I have heard

9. kinnip

kinnip Songster

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    They are real French Marans with feathered legs and dark brown eggs. When I picked up my chicks he showed me the eggs, they're beautiful.
    I meant for you to search this site. I don't think he does ebay. Just find his handle and PM him or email him. I don't think he logs on every day, so be patient.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  10. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Songster

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    yeah thanks, I will.....And I didn't find him on e-bay:lol:but I did post him a message on an old post of his, maybe I will PM him....thanks for the info.......[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: