Wanted: Black Copper Maran Hen or pullet in Washington State

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by flirty31, Oct 10, 2012.

1. flirty31

flirty31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Hello,

I am looking for a Black Copper Maran gal for my flock in Washington state. Anyone have some for sale?

Thanks for your help,

-Brandi

2. foxy2320

foxy2320 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2012
    Oregon
    What part of Washington? I get my girls from a breeder in the Gresham area, he delivers all over the Portland/Vancouver area, or can meet you somewhere. I don't know exactly the purity of his breeding lines, but if you're interested I can give you his number and you can find out.

3. flirty31

flirty31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I live in Tacoma, but I am willing to travel South! :)

Sure, I would love his info, breeding lines don't have to be perfect, I am just looking for a hen that will lay those dark chocolate colored eggs :)

Thanks!

4. austinfarm

austinfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2010
    I live in Richland, WA and I just bought 12 straight run black copper maran chicks. I was told that their lines are from Cree Farms who breeds the Bev Davis line. They are approximately 1 1/2-2 weeks old. Apparently the momma was hiding her nest. I was planning on trying to sell them either at 6-8 weeks old or wait until early spring. I should be able to tell the pullets from the roosters by 8 weeks. I don't know if you are still looking or not, but I thought I would give you another option. Let me know if you are interested. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by