WANTED black copper marans roosters -- anywhere!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mergmet, Jan 29, 2008.

1. mergmet

mergmet Chillin' With My Peeps

I am in sudden need of 2 or 3 black copper marans roosters, preferably about 4-6 months. or older...

prefered close to SE VA for pick up, but I can pay shipping if none locally are found.

help! please contact anyone you know with black coppers and get them in touch with me!

thanks
    Margaret

email is easier than PM for me, and gets faster response.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  2. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    http://home.earthlink.net/~kdoctor1/

I would contact this guy and see if he has any culls, check out the picture of his eggs , nice dark chocolate like they should be.

Probably worth the money to have them shipped if he would let you culls cheap.

3. mergmet

thanks pipermark, I sent him email, I have heard good things about his birds.

Margaret

4. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Hey...When you get these up and going, let me know. I'd gladly trade you some of those eggs you wanted of the giant cochins. Or I'll hatch you some chicks for some of the eggs. I'd like to have a pair of 'em...

Stacy

PS Glad you joined us on NCPoultry2

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

6. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    BEv Davis at BADavis.com

7. mergmet

thank you all, I will try them all! and yes, happy to trade or sell once I get them going- should be very soon.

the rooster with them is throwing some off color, I can trade in a week or two as long as you are willing to risk some wheaten or goldens in the mix.

margaret

8. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I'd be more than fine with that...but these guys' big butts aren't laying yet! [​IMG] I've only had one little bantam cochin start laying in the splash pen. The other bantam cochins and the stanards are just looking at me like I must be joking to expect them to lay EGGS in this cold weather! [​IMG] We're going to try a few new tricks here soon however to see what we can do! I'm still needing to get the barred rooster out of that pen anyway.
    I don't mind the sports that he might throw. Not a big deal. Anyway, I travel up towards your way about once every 3-4 weeks to see my Dr. anyway, so we don't have to worry about shipping either thank goodness!!!
    I just got a box today and I think the PO kicked them across a soccer field or something!!! Near total devastation on half of them, but the number I was supposed to get was doubled!! [​IMG] So I have a shot to still hatch some at least! If not, I'm gonna see if I can get on her list and try again!!

Stacy

9. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    I was emailing him recently and found out its a real hassle for him to ship birds, 50 mile drive.

If you really want Marans I would really suggest checking egg color, many people in the states are culling based on feathering and body stlye (how they are judged at shows) and not egg color, which for this breed , should be the only real culling criteria.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by