WANTED---BLACK COPPER MARANS---- WANTED

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by strike, Feb 25, 2009.

1. strike

strike Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2008
    Michigan
    Hello
    I would like either a trio or a quad...
    I would like at least 2 month old birds all the way to birds about ready to lay.
    Want them to have feathered legs and dark egg gene.
    e-mail me or pm please!!!
    thanks
    Dan

2. strike

strike Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2008
    Michigan
    I also would be interested in a blue copper marans hen,
    still looking for the black coppers too...
    thanks
    Dan

3. twinstar

twinstar Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    I found this on craigslist, you might try them:

BLACK COPPER MARANS TRIOS WELSUMMER and BC CHICKS, ROOSTERS, (NE GA CLAYTON RABUN COUNTY)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-02-24, 10:36AM EST

AVAILABLE THIS MAY Are 3 SETS of Black Copper Trios 12-14 weeks old.
    <
    We only work on Marans and Welsummers. I have been working with these flocks for some time and the breeding stock shown is the real deal. The adult mating birds come from eggs hatched 6 years ago from Wade Jeane C-1 and Birds and eggs from Channing Grisham over the last 6 Years as well. There has been no out crossing to other bloodlines.
    <
    We have adult flocks purchased directly from Charles Logan (C-1) which have won best of varity, 1st and 2nd in show at Newnan and 2nd in show cockerl as Breeding stock as well.
    <
    I will have BLACK COPPER CHICKS AVAILABLE in MAY for 15.00 each. I will have approximatly 100 chicks for May to presale now. I DO HAVE SOME EXTRA CHICKS FROM TIME TO TIME WEEKLY AS WE HATCH EVERY SUNDAY AND CAN FILL SMALL ORDERS OF 6-12 weekly. IF YOU WANT TO BE ON THE WAITING LIST FOR EARLIER PLEASE CONTACT ME. IF WE HAVE CHICKS AVAILABLE we will contact you and process and order at that time. The May Orders are Presale only.
    <
    The Trio's bloodline As stated are Wade Jeanne c-1 and Channing Grisham c-2. The Roos and hens carry the feather Gene. We get clean legged chicks from time to time and that is what we are selling in these trios. However, at the time of paring up the trios, the roos will Usually be selected for the trio that express feathers and the pullets may or may not epxress feathers but all of the birds will carry the feather gene and will produce feather legged chicks.
    <
    I DO HAVE 3 BEAUTFUL C-1 and C-2 COCKERALS AVAILABLE NOW for 25.00 EACH. They are from this past years hatch and ready for the spring breeding season. THESE GUYS CAN bring the much needed dark gene to your flock. They where hatched form a 7 or better egg.
    <
    WE HAVE WELSUMMER CHICKS for MAY as well that come FROM A CROSS OF C-2 CHANNING GRISHAM and JOHN HALL's CLOSED FLOCK that have been crossed 2 and 3 Years ago to improve conformation and egg color. Our Welsummers lay eggs darker than some of the MARANS eggs I have seen lately on ebay, eggbid and Craigslist. If you simply want great Dark Egg Layers Welsummers are fantastic too and not as expensive. The chicks are 8.00 and the eggs a rich terecotta color and rate 5-6 on the MARANS CHART. Contact for information.
    <
    You can call us at 706-782-1921 and to visit the breeding stocks pictures click on the following link or cut and paste the following URL: http://photos.tallulahriverhatchery.com/GallerySlideshow.aspx?gallery=163065 into your web browser.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1048304955

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by