WANTED - black frizzle rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by midget_farms, Apr 21, 2008.

1. midget_farms

midget_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    Anyone have an extra black frizzle rooster ? I am in need of one. Any age will do - as long as he is all black & frizzled.

2. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    I have a bunch of them. They range from 7 weeks to 2 weeks. They came from my red/black, red/blue pen and may or may not develope the red but will be able to pass it on. Their daddy is a red/black frizzle cochin bantam. The hens are red/black and red/blue smooths.

3. midget_farms

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    Great - what would it take to ship one down to me? Preferably one of the older ones.

4. Frizzledhen

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    I have never shipped chicks and have no idea what it would take. I couldn't ship only one anyway, they are still babies. You are only 333 miles away from me, why not take a day trip and come see what I have. [​IMG] OR, for the gas money to drive here you could buy a very good incubator and I could send you some eggs to hatch. [​IMG]

5. midget_farms

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    Thanks for the offer. I've been trying to avoid dealing with chicks & incubators. I'm slowly coming to the realization that this will not be possible if I want to stay in this hobby for long.

6. midget_farms

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    any others out there? I still need a black frizzle male. I will take a young bird if you have one, or an old bird as long as he is healthy & can breed.

7. Frizzledhen

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Why don't you check around and see if there is a swap near you? Or post on Craigs list or other internet sight in your area. There is one called Bestfarmbuys that people post for sale or wanted and it is listed by states. When little black frizzle jr. gets bigger I will have him fly down to you. [​IMG]

8. midget_farms

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    Thanks I had not heard of best farm buys. I'll check that out. I learned from another post that there is an auction every Friday aobut an hour away from me. I will try it out next week & see what is there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by