WANTED: Black Java eggs or chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hobbychick, Feb 23, 2009.

1. hobbychick

hobbychick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    Hi, I am hoping someone out there will know where I can find Black Java eggs or chicks for sale. If you do please let me know!!!
    [​IMG]

2. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    You can order them from www.superiorfarms.net
    I have ordered mine already, both the mottled and the black!
    Superior is a great place to order from, but there might be a waiting list. They do have both eggs and chicks. [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

3. hobbychick

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    Thank you but I have already talked to them and they are sold out of eggs and chicks for the year:hit
    Any other ideas?

4. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Quote:Oh wow, really? I see some on eggbid sometimes, but I don't know the reputation of the seller...I'll have some next year! [​IMG]

~Rebecca

5. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    If you're interested in mottle javas, there is a thread called "Marans" Day Old Chicks, Shipping Soon. by Marans and More in the "Chicks and Chickens - Buy Sell Trade" section

~Rebecca

6. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
  7. hobbychick

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    Thank you so much. I have never bid on anything from eggbid is it a pretty good sight?

8. needmorechickens!

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    The site itself is great. Individual sellers can be good or bad. Check the feedback on the seller by clicking on the number in () beside their name. For example this seller on this auction is Bamps (81). The 81 is the number of comments they have....when you click on the 81 your can see that 80 of those are positive, 1 is neutral. That's pretty good.
    The more good feedback they got, the more you can trust them. If they don't have any feedback or have lots of negative comments then beware....You can also ask here on BYC if anyone has ever dealt with that seller and sometimes get some feedback that way.
    Be sure to look at where they are shipping from if you don't want them shipped very far.
    Good luck! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  9. hobbychick

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks![​IMG]

10. Lizzy_Lane_Farm

Lizzy_Lane_Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    needmorechickens! :

You can order them from www.superiorfarms.net
    I have ordered mine already, both the mottled and the black!
    Superior is a great place to order from, but there might be a waiting list. They do have both eggs and chicks. [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

Hello,

Did you ever receive your Javas?

I have an order I have been waiting for since Jan for Black Java chicks. I did receive 12 Black Java hatching eggs, out of the 12, 2 hatched and they aren't Black Java. They may be mottled though I haven't confirmed it yet.

Thanks
    Karyn​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by