WANTED - Blue, black or splash silkie chicks - In NYS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by riqui1, Jun 10, 2009.

1. riqui1

riqui1 Songster

Jun 2, 2009
    I currently have a batch of silkie chicks that are about 1 week old and I would love to get some dark colors in the group, of about the same age. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time finding any locally. I would take blue, black or splash and am willing to pay shipping, if anyone is willing to ship. If there is anyone in NYS offering, I am willing to drive some distance, but not hours. I am located in the Finger Lakes area.

Thank you.

2. Tootsie

Tootsie Songster

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I don't have enough chicks to ship but I started setting my eggs and the first chick hatched black and the second blue so maybe you shoul try some of my eggs? I am keeping the chicks for now but this is a thought for you. The group they come from consists of a cuckoo blue male, a blue female, a mostly black male and a partridge female. 3 of them were in the show.

I can email you pictures if you wish.

3. riqui1

riqui1 Songster

Jun 2, 2009
    It does give me a great excuse to buy an incubator! And then...more eggs! lol How much would you want for the eggs and for how many?

4. Tootsie

Tootsie Songster

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I will send you an email with details. I have showgirl eggs too if you are interested in them also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: