Wanted: Blue Laced Red Wyandottes TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nuts4chicks, Oct 27, 2008.

1. nuts4chicks

nuts4chicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2008
    I am looking for some Blue Laced Red Wyandottes for sale - willing to wait until spring hatch if necessary. Live in Mosheim, TN (East TN)

2. countryfiedgirl45

countryfiedgirl45 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2008
    Rome, GA
    Would like to know if you find and Blue Lace Red Wyandottes Please--I am in NW GA-- I am also looking for Buff Laced and Speckled Sussex! Let me know if you can help me-thanks

3. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    I should have eggs in spring or I could hatch you out some chicks. I have some nice dark colored BLRW. I'm in NE GA

4. crazychickengirl

crazychickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Harley's Girl has BLRW eggs too...PM her!

5. nuts4chicks

Oct 27, 2008
    hey country i just got a reply from your neck of the woods NE GA...

Will you please let me know when you have chicks there in NE Georgia? Maybe eggs too if soon. I have someone who will hatch for me but to integrate easily I would need to hatch soon. If not I'll wait a while til it warms up. I'm in East TN about 80 miles east of Knoxville. Maybe I could either meet you to buy chicks or even drive all the way. Good BLR Wyandottes are worth a little drive...[​IMG]

6. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Sorry this is OT, but where the heck is Moshiem, Tenn? [​IMG] I'm originally from Cleveland, Tenn., which is east of Knoxville, but I've never heard of Moshiem. Learn something new every day! [​IMG]

7. slybird353

slybird353 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    Florida
    We will have some real nice standard blr's available Feb 09. Don't let anyone ever tell you that they have show quality blr's,[​IMG] (no such critter yet) but we do have some incredible looking blrs. You can e-mail me if you want more info or pics.
    Jesse

8. nuts4chicks

Oct 27, 2008
    Mosheim is directly west of Greeneville if that helps at all. I'm not sure where Cleveland is but I'm between Morristown and Greeneville.

Show quality blrw's...they aren't even considered acceptable as Wyandottes yet according to the APA, so no there could not be a "quality" for show since they aren't in the show...[​IMG]
    Be that as it may, I love them by any standard...some more than others. There is a color variation that has the blue as a smokey gray and the red as actual red on the hens and the roos top half looks like a glw (ish) but is heavily laced on the breast area...there are some like that on feathersite.com. They are my favs, but I dunno if I can get them in the states at all:confused: ACUALLY I would like even more to get my hands on a pair of Violets...that'll be the day...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by