Wanted - blue/olive laying silkies...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Bettacreek, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Would be great to find someone with silkies that lay blue/olive eggs. Naked necks would be absolutely amazing... Anyone have anything that fits the bill? I like the black and white silkies, so a mix would be grand.

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

A few people were working on a green egg laying Silkie at one time, but I dont think it ever took off. IF you can find anything, they probably wont look much like Silkies though.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
  3. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Hrmm. There were some pics of hens that were laying blue/olive eggs, they supposedly fit the breed standard (I'm just in it for pets, I don't know standards). They looked enough like a silkie to suit me, lol. Hrmm, well, I can hope that someone has something that resembles silkies still. If not, I guess I'll just have to have my blue eggers and then seperate silkies, lol.

4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

If I remember correctly, I think the person or people working on them were in the Florida area. It was a while back, and I think the conversation was on one of my other email lists. Perhaps Nikki from HatTrick may know. She knows which list I am referring to.

5. Hi! I have blue silkie feathered hens that lay a pale green/blue egg with splash and white Silkie roos. The chicks may (or may not) inherit the blue egg gene.

I also have splash and black Naked Neck bantam hens that lay green eggs. They are regular feathered but could carry the silkie feather gene so if crossed back with a Silkie could throw silkie feathered chicks. Again, the chicks may (or may not) inherit the blue egg gene.

If you think you might be interested, I'll send pics.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    On Ebay someone was selling Silkie eggs like that.

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Dipsy, the naked necks, they're standard feathers without the silky gene, or with the gene? I may be interested either way. What breed? I'd love to see pics either way, the naked neck and colored egg may be enough for me, lol.

Oh, and how much per dozen shipped to 16823?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  8. Hi! This little splash hen lays a green egg. The black NN green-egger looks similar. They are both regular feathered but *could* carry the silkie feather gene.
    Hehehe, they are [(Naked Neck x Silkie) x Ameraucana] X [(Naked Neck X Silkie) x (Frizzle Cochin x Silkie)].

If they were mated with a silkie feathered bird or another bird that *carries* the silkie feather gene, a percentage of the chicks will be silkie feathered.
    I haven't done any test mating to know for sure if they carry the silkie feather gene, tho. Now's a good time to try.

I only have the 2 NN green-egger hens, so 6 would be the most available 'fresh for hatching / shipping'. I could send 6 for $8.00 plus shipping.

The eggs from the silkie feathered green-egger (SFGE) girls will definitely hatch silkie feathered chicks. I'll get pics of the ones here later today --- unless someone else that has hatched some has pics available (several byc'ers have hatched them).

If you wanted to try 6 of each, I could send a doz for $15.00 plus shipping.

Sorry for rambling --- must be the cold medicine.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by