Wanted Blue orps and BLRW hatching eggs or chicks in GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by GAhen, Mar 24, 2008.

1. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    I had three clutches of eggs in my bator over the last 2 months.
    I have hatched one chick from each clutch.
    One cute little NN/silkie/fizzle cross hatched
    One little BLRW hatched and
    One little blue orp hatched.

I am trying to find more of these birds. I have fallen for the look and size of them.
    Does anyone have any eggs for sale.....I know there are waiting lists out there.
    Please help me find my little ones some friends!!
    Also I would love chicks.......I just missed some BLRW in my area [​IMG](

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Well, I'm starting a list for my eggs. They are White Leghorns x Barred Rock mixed. Hen is Leghorn, Roo is Big Beautiful Barred rock. Just email and let me know. I charge $15.00 a dozen and $12.00 for postage by priority. [​IMG] I do take Paypal or you can send a money order. Either way.

3. GAhen

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    Thanks...I have some BR and several others,
    But I want blue orps or Blue Laced Red Wyandottes eggs/ chicks specifically.
    But thanks for trying to help.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Contact the person you got eggs from and see if you can get back on their list. I was on one list since January and will just be getting eggs this week.

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I couldn't find any either in a timely fashion so I bought mine off of ebay. I got 8 blue orp eggs and they were all clear, very disappointing. I also got a dozen BLRW at the same time. I got 5 babies (4 days ago) and 2 that died in their shell at the very end. You could try ebay.

6. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Vicki I wonder if you didn't get your eggs from the same person I did. I got 16 clear ones that showed no development at all after 21 days. I let them know and they said I could buy some more from them :|

7. GAhen

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    I got my blue orp eggs from ebay......One hatched one died ( out of two dozen)....They were from a long way away from me. That is why I am asking here. I would like to get some from a little closer.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

GaHen, I wish I could help you on the Blue Orp eggs, but my customers aren't even getting their full dozen since I only have the two girls currently laying age and they are being a bit lax at the moment. I have a 12 week old pullet coming up in the ranks, so later on, after these orders are filled, I may be able to help you out, possibly early summer. If you were close enough, you could come pick up the eggs and skip the shipping stress that this breed seems so susceptible to sometimes. Well, the drive from Carrollton isn't all that bad, LOL, unless you calculate gasoline cost!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  9. GAhen

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    Quote:My husband and I ride a Goldwing, so a ride up there might be just what we need [​IMG]
    Just say the word.

10. chickhamm

chickhamm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    GAHen, try looking at the gordie list, sandhill and ..... i believe there is one other small family hatcherie listed there. I should have mine from Gordie in may sometime, Sandhill has a waiting list, not sure about the third. Those 2 are a bit expensive but still, worth it for good quality and healthy birds.

chickhamm
    Theressa
    GA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by