wanted: cheap eggs to test my new incubator

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mamanaturale, Sep 8, 2009.

1. mamanaturale

mamanaturale Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    spokane, wa
    so dh got me a cabinet incubator, yay! poor guy must have felt REALLY bad about forgetting my birthday huh? but sadly, it took most of our extra cash. i so so so so want to test it out. does anyone have some eggs they could send me for cheap? i pick up the bator tonight and want a couple days to stabilize it, but i am dying to get some eggs in there!
    thanks in advance!
    brianna

2. CalicoFarm

CalicoFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    North East Alabama
    I have 33 eggs I picked up over the weekend. They are from White Leghorns, Leghorn X black and red sex links, EEs, and BR X BO(resulting chicks are sex links). I could send them for $20, shipping included.

3. allison finch

allison finch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Go to your local health food store and buy fertile free range eggs. They will hatch, most of the time.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    You can check on craigslist in your area, there should be lots of ads for hatching eggs. I have some mixed LF eggs, probably about a dozen. Shipping would be about $8-$10, depending on where you are. Dad sells them for eating for $1 a dozen [​IMG]

ETA: Just saw you are in WA, so shipping would probably be a bit more, but I'd need your zip to know for sure. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I could send you 24 mixed eggs for $17.00 that includes shipping. I live in Utah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by