Wanted: Chick born around 11/17/13- Portland, Oregon

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by Kadra, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Kadra

Kadra Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2013
    West Linn, OR
    Hi There!

To make a long story short, we hatched eggs in an incubator for the first time, and one of them made it! I am just looking for a friend for her, I feel bad that she's all alone. (My 4-year-old named her "Pumpkin". :) Does anyone in the Portland, Oregon area happen to have a chick that was born around Sunday, 11/17 as well that I could buy from you to put in with her?

Thanks,

Kadra

2. Farmer Viola

Farmer Viola Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Earth
    Hi Kadra,
    I have chicks who were hatched Saturday, Sunday, and Monday! :) I am out in Banks, OR and I could maybe meet you somewhere around Beaverton/Hillsboro?

The chicks are Welsummers and French Black Copper Marans. I am trying to sex them, but this is my first time trying, so no idea if I really can or not! As such, the chicks would be straight run only.

Are you only interested in 1 chick? Right now, I have 2 FBCMs left and 6 Wellies left. These were hatched 11/16, 11/17, 11/18. They both lay very dark brown eggs.

I also have 4 Silkie X Americana chicks. These are pretty cool, kids love them because they look really wild :) They have dark skin, 5 toes, and feathered feet. I *think* they will also have a puff on their head like their mom when they grow up, but not sure. They might also inherit the americana Beard, but not sure about that yet either.. The silkies were born on 11/11 so they are slightly older, but they are a bantam breed so I expect the others to outgrow them quickly. They should lay rose, tan, or teal eggs.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  3. Kadra

Kadra Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2013
    West Linn, OR
    I found some chicks, thank you all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by