WANTED: chicken eggs (several kinds) SOUTH EAST area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Shared Acres, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Ok, I just got back from the Lake City Poultry show. Was a bit dissapointed that noone was selling fertile eggs! (At least that I saw and would want.)

I would like to get:
    NON Bantam Cochins maybe 6-12 eggs
    Lemon blue modern game maybe 6 eggs
    Silkies and showgirls (would like from really good stock, only really interested in white, black, blue and splash) 12-36 eggs

Please send me photos and let me know a price.

Would prefer someone in the Carolinas, Fla, Ga area as to reduce risk of eggs being fried by the mail service.

I'm at 32221

2. Shared Acres

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Anyone?

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I have some standard cochins, many colors but they are in together right now. My silkies are nice but still pet Q. [​IMG]

4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Next time you go to a show find the ones you like and then locate person showing and ask if they brought any eggs. I did that several years ago and bought RIR eggs from Jimmy Swanson who was showing his RIR 's. I had to buy and assortment cause he brought them to someone who didn't show but I got some awesome show quality RIR's out of the eggs. Sold the rest of the other breeds I hatched.

5. Shared Acres

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I asked at the Lake City show. One lady said she might have some eggs (Silkie) for me this coming weekend. Another lady who had the other nicest Silkies said she wasn't selling eggs anymore because she didn't like that the eggs she sold in the past are now winning awards against her!

6. Rosey

Rosey Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2007
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Hi,

I have standard cochin eggs available right now and reside in South Carolina......not too far away, if you are interested. [​IMG]

7. Shared Acres

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    How much are you asking?

I just got duck eggs today and haven't told hubby and I'm supposed to get some Silkie eggs Sat. Might have to wait a month since I only have one incubator and don't want a staggered hatch.

Or I might get some from Chickenzoo.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
  8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Hubby kept swiping all my eggs to sell to the neighbors [​IMG], but I should have them Sun or next week.

9. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    i have full size BLUE cochins.. they JUST started to lay.... only 2 eggs a day out of 14 hens
    contact me in a few months, pay for all the shipping and handling... and i wont charge you for the eggs,, here is a picture of the rooster at 6 month old
    [​IMG]

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I will see what mine are laying, my blue male has been the most dominant breeder, and loves his blue hens, he he. If you go to the swap, I'll try to bring some.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by