1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted: Chickens in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TubbyChicken, Aug 7, 2008.

1. TubbyChicken

TubbyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    I'm in Eastern Ky but I travel to central Ky often...

I'm looking for pullets or laying hens. Breed isn't terribly important but I'm not interested in bantams. Please...there must be more chickens out there in my area?! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    I have 3 pullets for sale, they are 16 wks old. I live 40 min outside Louisville, in Simpsonville. I have 2 Iowa Blues and one Delaware. I got them from Ideal. They are a bit flighty (but tame) so they would do best where they can free range. Are you interested? I also have a Buckeye cockrel (16 wks old) that I have been unable to bring myself to butcher.

3. TubbyChicken

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    Quote:I'd love the buckeye...if he weren't a roo.

I'm afraid you're still a pretty far drive for me but thank you for the offer.

4. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I have a friend who asked me last week to post that he has Black Star pullets 17 weeks old for sale, $10.00 each. He lives in Fleming County. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you his number.

5. TubbyChicken

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    Quote:I would have loved some but I just found some Rhode Island Reds and now I'm looking for some diversity. I'll let some friends know though and get back to you if they could use them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by