Wanted - Chinese Gander - Washington State

Gosling

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
I have a brown chinese goose and she lost her mate a couple of years ago to a cougar. Her mate was a white chinese gander so I do not think that she would mind if we were able to find her either a white or brown chinese gander. I have 20 chickens and 2 turkeys, but she is by herself and needs company of her own kind. I have tried CraigsList in the past but have not seen anyone selling chinese geese.

If anyone has a gander that they are looking to sell, or can advise me where to go/look in WA I would really appreciate it.
smile.png

Thanks,

Fiona

Amy - I appreciate the thought. My goose is such a wonderful mum. She is currently sitting on one of her eggs (I have taken the others) plus a few chicken eggs. The chicken eggs could hatch because I have roosters. Not sure if I am helping or hindering her.

Thanks again - Fiona

Hey Fiona!
What part of Wa are you in?
I have the same problem you do!
I need to find a male brown chinese for my lonely female!
I was able to hatch out a goose egg from another female last year, and my lonely girl was thrilled with that baby!
The year before she adopted some orphan baby ducks!
I was going to go down to Holderholds(?) but never got the chance.
I hope you find a male Chinese (If you find 2 please let me know?)!
If you can't, maybe find some hatching goose eggs for your girl? I'm going to try giving my girl some more eggs from my tufted roman and hope she gets to be a mom again!

I have been told to go to the Oakville sale, but once again, I just never seem to find the time.

Last edited:
Hi -

I am in Monroe. I looked for Oakville in Google maps and it is way too south for me to go. My husband would lay his own eggs if I ventured that far to find a mate for Mama Goose.
I like the idea of finding some hatching goose eggs for her so I will ask the next time I go to buy food for them all.
And if I do find 2 ganders I will definitely let you know.

Thanks and take care - Fiona

I'm thinking about ordering some brown chinese goslings.
If I end up with an extra male, would you be interested?
It will be awhile, but if I can tell my goose hating Hubby I might already have a buyer for one, it might make it easier to convince him to let me do it!

Hi Justaheifer -

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Life dumped a whole bunch of curved balls and I have been trying to catch them all elegantly.

Just after my last post I ordered 6 white chinese goose eggs so Mama Goose is currently nesting on those eggs. The due date is this week so I am keeping fingers crossed.

I would say yes that I am interested- even if one of the current eggs is a gander - but I currently do not have transport to get down to where you are. Saying that I am sure that we could come up with a plan if you went ahead and ordered and get an extra male. I also spoke to a gentleman at my local feed store and they can get a 100% guaranteed sexed gander for $16 - so if you have not ordered your goslings, and are still interested in getting a gander, then I have a source that can provide one. Just wish that I had asked him years ago.

Thanks,

Fiona

Back
Top Bottom