Wanted: Chinese Ringneck Male Pheasant CT or MA

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Mama D, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Mama D

Mama D Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2011
    I have a wonderful female that is 17 weeks old and loves to follow me around the yard along with my chickens. I hatched 21 and the others were given to me, but along with that batch is a pheasant. None of my hatchlings have died and I'm quite proud of that statement. My dear pheasant hangs with the chickens when they free range and even comes up on the deck to peep for bread crumbs. Its pretty neat as she greets me every morning. But the chickens don't want her in the hen house so I was thinking that its time for her to "date" and have company and male friend might be nice. Perhaps someone in the CT and lower MA would have one to sell. Please message me-even if you just have a question.

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    Best of luck in your search, but I think you are going to have a very rough time finding a companion that will free range and not disappear. You are very luck that, having hand raised her, she stays close. I hope you find a good match for her.

[​IMG]

3. Mama D

Mama D Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2011
    Quote:I've totally accepted that one day she may not be there when I walk outside but I'm good with it. She is a pheasant and wild and will find a mate one day I'm sure. Just thought it would be kind of cool if she had a buddy. She is pretty special. One day I left the French door open to get something inside and I looked down and there she was...in the dining room. It will end one day but until then I'm having a blast! Keep your eyes open for me...I appreciate it!

4. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    Quote:Will do. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by