Wanted: Cochin Bantam Rooster (Blue preferred, but will consider other colors)

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by Hummer, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Hummer

Hummer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    Would like to buy Cochin Bantam Rooster to replace previous Cochin Bantam Rooster(Pictured). I live near Moultrie, Georgia.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a friend in gainesville.ga. who raises show quality bantam cochins that might be able to help you.His byc name is DANNY.If you send him a email or pm he might be able to help you.Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  3. msmeower

msmeower Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    Flat Creek, TN
    We are in middle TN (an hour south of Nashville) and I have a few Cochin bantam roos: Birchen, Partridge, dark blue, black, frizzled black, buff, and dark buff. Hatched May/June/July, all vaccinated for Marek's and I am NPIP.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Hummer

Jul 9, 2009
    How much do you charge for your roosters and can they be shipped? I have only purchased small chicks from hatcheries, so I am not sure about larger birds. The blue one that you have posted looks very similar to my Benny. :)

5. msmeower

msmeower Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    Flat Creek, TN
    The solid colors (like the one you want) are $5 and the birchens and partridge are $8. It has been several years since I shipped a bird......I wish I had a trip down to Florida planned soon. I could drop one off! :)

6. woodsedge

woodsedge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    Pm sent i have some whites i need to sell asap

7. Hummer

Jul 9, 2009
    (msmeower) Me too! The the blue rooster in the pic looks promising. He would definitely be a possiblity. Not sure if you have other blues to pick from, but he looks a lot like Benny. His comb and color... I've only purchased baby chicks by mail order (and I am always hesitant because of an awful experience I had one time) and I do not know anything about shipping larger birds, how they are handled, stress on the bird, cost, etc. From the looks of things I won't be able to find a blue cochin near by and I will have to consider purchasing blue chicks in the spring... Let me know if you think you'll be passing nearby before then! We could meet! :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  8. Hummer

Jul 9, 2009
    woodsedge - I'm sending a PM to you. :)

9. riversedgefarm

riversedgefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2012
    starr sc
    I have a partridge roo and a black roo and a blk/red frizzle roo my email is [email protected] I can send you pics on there I'm in toccoa ga area asking 5 each

10. upmycreek

upmycreek Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    I have a beautiful blue bantam cochin rooster that you can have for free. I live in Walhalla, SC and I am only 20 minutes from the Georgia line. I got hatching eggs from a great breeder out of Tennessee and hatched out 2 roosters and want to keep the other one because we were looking for a white one. It was born May 8th of this year. I think he is very handsome.

he was shaking off here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by