WANTED: Cochin Bantams

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Aliciafr26, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Aliciafr26

Aliciafr26 New Egg

Sep 21, 2010
    Florida
    Hello, I really would like some young cochin bantams, preferably white, but the color is not all that important.
    I currently have "a pair" that I got from an auction, but I think they are actually brother and sister and are inbred. My little girl has what looks like to be a tumor growing on the underside by her beak, but her and the boy are both SO sweet and SO playful! I have never seen a chicken play with humans the way they do, and I am wondering if they are all like that, or maybe it's just because of being possibly inbred? lol [​IMG]

Please let me know if you have any real young (even from a day old) Cochin Bantams. I would be very interested to know what you have. Thank you!

2. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    [​IMG] Sounds like you have the Cochin bug..once you have one in your life your addicted [​IMG] They are sweet friendly talkative-not loud but when you talk to them they chatter back to you,they love to cuddle and make the best pets. We have them but I won't ship them they are so trusting and adorable I won't put them in a box make it dark and scary then hand them off to who knows what We raise black and blue mottled and Mille Fleur here though.I do sell hatching eggs if you ever decide to try hatching
    As for inbreeding it's a common practice with chickens..it won't cause you any additional problems unless the parent stock had the problem to begin with.Being from an auction they could have originated from hatchery stock as well and not a breeder-Have you tried posting pics of the pullet in the emergencies section you may get some good advice on what it is and how to help her.Without pics it's too hard to guess.

3. Aliciafr26

Aliciafr26 New Egg

Sep 21, 2010
    Florida
    Quote:Hello, thanks for the advice! I would be interested in hatching some eggs! How much would it be for your Mille Fleurs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by