wanted Colorado chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickontherun, Jan 25, 2009.

1. chickontherun

chickontherun New Egg

Jan 25, 2009
    We are new to chicken-ing and don't want to order the 25 min at most sites. I will visit some feed stores also, but would love to get some chicks from someone raising their own. I have kids, so would like docile brown egg-layers. Thanks for your help....

2. COChickens

COChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    I know you said brown egg layers but I will have baby chicks available starting Feb 2nd I will have pure Ameraucanas (blue egg layers) $4.00 each they are very good with my kids even the roos

Also I will have Ameraucanas (hatchery stock that lay very blue eggs) crossed with a Black Copper Marans Roo to get very dark Olive Green eggs $4.00 each

And I will also have pure Cuckoo & Black Marans chicks from non hatchery stock they lay nice big dark brown eggs $8.00 each

I'm located in Falcon 15 mins East of Colorado Springs

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Do you want to try and hatch some ducks? Let me know. I have fertile duck eggs I would be willing to donate so your munchkins can hatch some ducklings [​IMG]

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Morning Zilla, stayin warm? [​IMG] So tired of this cold weather!!!

Anyways, I saw your post for duck eggs and wondered (and I'm sure this is a REAL stupid question) but is the Khaki drake over the 3 girls? Have you hatched any of the runner eggs? Or did you tell me she isn't laying yet? Just wondering what they'll look like. I ordered a Khaki girl and a Buff girl from Ideal in my order for 2-4. I've got Pekins now. When I get my incubator I would love to get a few of your eggs.

Cara

5. chickontherun

chickontherun New Egg

Jan 25, 2009
    I don't want to get an incubator yet, so I'll pass on the duck eggs - although it sounds tempting. We better go with our chicken plans for now and see how that goes.
    Thank you!

6. chickontherun

chickontherun New Egg

Jan 25, 2009
    CoChicken: I might be interested in your Ameracaunas. I am getting some other chicks the last week of Feb - is there any issue with mixing chicks a month apart? I will do like the colored layers. I will let you know soon.
    Thank you.

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    The khaki drake mates all the girls. I have purebred khaki eggs and khaki x buff eggs right now. The runner isn't laying yet...poor thing is molting in this awful weather [​IMG]

I haven't tried to hatch any ...so I guess I am looking for a local guinea pig [​IMG]

Let me know when your bator comes in and I will hook you up.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  8. chickontherun

chickontherun New Egg

Jan 25, 2009
    CoChicken --- we do want some of your Ameraucanas - either 2 or 3. Let me know how/when we can arrange to get them.
    Thank you!

9. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Thanks Zilla that would be great!! [​IMG]

chickontherun, you're going to end up getting an incubator in the future anyways, trust me, you just will, so you mayswell get it now so you're prepared when those eggs that you just have to have arrive at your door [​IMG]

10. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think my roo is working yet but we'll have Rhode Island Reds coming in the end of February if you want a couple of those.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by