1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted Columbian colored silkie or SG

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Dec 9, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I know its like asking for a unicorn, but I have seen some, even had 2 SG roos that had those types of markings although I am sure they would not have bred true... Anyway if anyone has been working on that and has a silkie or SG that is maybe 2nd or 3rd generation I would be very interested. The quality of the birds does not have to be great I am not concerned with big crests, wrong toes, some whole feathers or red combs and wattles. It is the Columbian gene I am after [​IMG] male or female either one is fine. [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    You can get a columbian silkie by breeding a buff & lavender. I have a cock but he is our on lease right now. That is the breeding that will give you that color. Hope this helps
    April

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Don't know if she has any laying right now but my friend Cherie is working on that color some. She has a few birds, not many. You could email her and see if she has a waiting list, or if she is even selling eggs. she is on ebay as lv2winn, and that is her email at yahoo dot com.

4. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    oh thanks guys. I already have buffs with my lav so all good there, I am hoping for really white with the black markings.

5. FleurSlkie

FleurSlkie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2011
    East Coast
  6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    funny enough I have gotten a lot of those now from my PI project pen. they look just like the pic of your boy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by