WANTED*****coon/hunting dog*****Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nadams4, Mar 6, 2008.

1. nadams4

nadams4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    Ohio
    My boyfriend had a mountian cur coon dog and someone stole him (steve) out of his yard. We recently found a beautiful husky on a back road, we asked around and no one claimed the dog. He had it for a few weeks and then we found the owner. So now hes heartbroken.

I want to suprise him with one of his favorite dogs! He loves coon dogs and hunting dogs, and bloodhounds.

Please if you know anyone or you are selling dogs similar to these please please please let me know!

2. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    There is a rescue group for almost every breed of AKC registered breed. I have a cousin who does bloodhound rescue in Pa. Go to AKC.org - breeds - bloodhound (or black and tan coonhound or whatever) - this should get you to the national club of the breed. Somewhere on the site will be a link to their rescue groups. Be warned the rescue groups are very careful about who they place their dogs with as well they should. Be prepared to fill out adoption forms and probably have a home visit. The dogs are not rejects just some poor pups who got thrown away for one reason or another.

3. nadams4

nadams4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    Ohio
    well thanks so much ill definitely try that!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Maine Coonhound rescue too!

5. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Bear in mind a Bloodhound isn't a coon hunting dog and can't be let loose outside of a fenced area. Try petfinder.com, that's where I found my coonhound.

6. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I have a beautiful American Foxhound we adopted which came up from the South through Homebound Hounds. They bring up all breeds of hounds from high kill shelters. Try petfinder.com. You can put in a breed and location and search. Thats how we found Pi!
    Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by