Wanted - Craft project pics! Lots of them!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by SunnyDawn, Jan 1, 2010.

1. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Ok the holidays are over and I've given most of my really cute crochet projects away as gifts. I made a lot of hats and scarves (I should've taken pics, they were very cute!), a kid's sweater and a couple of baby blankets. No layettes since there were no babies born recently.
    Now I'm looking at the pitiful array of what I have left and I need some motivation! Please post your pics, or describe, current or finished craft projects you are working on. I love to get ideas from others and I need to start building up projects for different occasions that will be sure to come up this year. All crafts/sewing projects etc. are welcome (I may not knit but others, that do, will enjoy new knitting ideas)!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have posted the few items I have left in the house as well as the latest baby blanket that I've just started.

This is an afgan I made for my DH. He whined about everybody else getting one but him.
    [​IMG]

Just another scarf and hat. I was going to add flowers to the ends of the scarf as well but thought it might be a bit much.
    [​IMG]

Here are just a few odds and ends I have left over from a sale, plus a set of hot pads that I am always making to include in house warming gift baskets.
    [​IMG]

Here is the baby blanket I've just started. Really just wanted to use up a lot of partial and single skeins of yarn I have laying around from past projects.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now that the crunch of the holidays are over PLEASE help me get motivated again! Let's see what you're working on! [​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Could you share your pattern for the baby booties with me for my kids crochet club? I love your work, I hope someday I get a lot better than I am now!!

3. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    That is so cool! I taught for several years and I never heard of a project like this back then! Sorry this took so long, I was trying to remember what I did and write it up.
    I did not use a pattern. I used very lightweight baby or sportweight yarn. I used a very small hook, don't remember exact size, somewhere between a thread crochet hook and a G (4mm) hook.
    I just chained 6 chains (more if not for a preemie) then single crocheted in ea chain across to end and repeated 'til I had 7 rows then reduced on the last row (row 8) at first and last sc (to round off toe) leaves 4 scs in last row (skip for a more square toe, ending with 6 scs in 8th row). Measure result, to make sure it will fit the bottom of a preemie's foot well, before continuing.
    [​IMG]

Then single crochet around entire rectangle once using three sc in each corner (always slip stitch after last sc to join end of row to beginning of row and chain 1 before starting next row).
    Then working in front posts only (optional, just gives an interesting look) I went around entire rectangle once more, this time putting 3 sts in ea corner at toes only. On next round (I worked in front posts again) sc in each stitch again only this time I used only 2 stiches in each "toe" corner.
    Now I sc all the way around again (through both posts this time), not adding any extra stitches, twice more.
    [​IMG]

Next I moved to the toe area and worked on toe and between sides with a single crochet all the way across (7 stitches). Next row I start with 1 sc (joining side and toe) and 1 more sc in next st, then a half double crochet for 1 stitch then 1 dc then 1 hdc again then back to a single crochet for 2 more stitches, joining to other side. (you may be able to find an easier way to do this for beginners, just play with it some). The next row (still working on toe) uses a hdc in ea st across toe joining to sides again.
    Next row goes all the way around again with 1 sc in ea st. Go around 1 more time this time using a dc in ea st (this is the row that the tie gets weaved into). Last two rows go across sides and back of ankle only, using a sc in each stitch across starting at side (by toe) and ending at other side (by toe area). Chain 1 and turn to go back around for 2nd row. Finish off. This treatment is purely decorative too, you could just as easily go all the way around.
    [​IMG]

Now chain 75 (for tie), finish off, weave through dcs from middle front around ankle all the way around to front again. Pull ends even and tie in a bow.
    [​IMG]

This is a great cause, if someone can put this pattern into a more proper format for me please do! I hope I didn't leave anything out. If I did just ask me about it and I'll post corrections/clarification.

Good luck WriterofWords!
    Sincerely,
    Sunny

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you! I'll try it out and see how it comes out for me so I can try it with the kids club. They really are excited about the supplies we'll be getting so we'll be able to do so much more!

5. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Do you have an address where I can send donated supplies to? I have a lot of extra yarn that would be perfect for booties etc. Send me a PM or an e-mail. [​IMG]

6. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Too sleepy to be motivated tonight. Can't wait to see all your projects tomorrow! Goodnight zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Sure I'll send a PM thanks! A friend of ours in CA sent us some yarn to get started with and we've made some really cute little beanies, a granny square blanket and a bib.

8. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Oh cute! I notice you didn't have pics up on your web-site yet so I won't bug you for them but when you get around to posting them there post the link again in this thread so we can see them. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  9. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Seriously! Must - go - to - bed - now... [​IMG] Can't - pull - away!!!

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    We can't post pics on the Donorschoose site until after we get and use the supplies they send us. But I'll put pics on here of some our stuff tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by